Bristol All Golds

Just now, Eddie said:

It’s really clear why they’re playing at that ground, and getting fans in probably isn’t their initial priority. 

Agree, I don't think fans is their priority right now, the article says they are partnering with the college to have access to a large potential pool of players and by partnering with them they can use all of the sports facilities at the college, which will be why they are using the stadium there as well. I imagine once they are established and are looking at getting into league one and making progress up the pyramid they might look towards the memorial stadium as a permanent home. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Agree, I don't think fans is their priority right now, the article says they are partnering with the college to have access to a large potential pool of players and by partnering with them they can use all of the sports facilities at the college, which will be why they are using the stadium there as well. I imagine once they are established and are looking at getting into league one and making progress up the pyramid they might look towards the memorial stadium as a permanent home. 

Pretty sure Bristol Rovers are, or at the very least are planning on, leaving the Memorial Stadium. 

I think in League One, they’d play where they planning on starting out at, much like the Uni of Gloucestershire All Golds did at an Athletics ground. 

The main pitch at Filton has already hosted professional sports matches. It has been the home of Bristol City Ladies in football's top division. The facilities are top class.

7 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Which is considerably smaller than any venue we’ve used in the past and we’ve only ever had one weekend attendance at Magic that was less than 54,000 (Aston Gate sold out over both days), in 2010 at Murrayfield. 

I don’t think Magic is a viable option there unless there is more development planned there. Internationals though, it seems a good venue for that kind of event. 

I’ve always said Wales vs England would sell well in Bristol, there’s a lot of Welsh in the city especially within the student population.

4 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Is this a different plan to the old Gloucestershire All Golds?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks as though they have/had moveable stands at this Stoke Gifford ground. Which would be absolutely fine for RL at League One level, should they get there. 

i see they are embrasing the "obstructed view" seating!

20 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Look at the day attendances, Ashton Gate would fit about four of the past twenty single day crowds. And two of those would be very tight.

So it's not remotely worth considering.

I also like the fact you can move around the ground so you can go in with the supporters you want to for certain matches and then you can head to the side for matches if you prefer for other matches etc.. something you cannot do in a smaller stadium that is full. 

Internationals would be good though and an england v wales international could get a good crowd at bristol.

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

He’ll be gutted that nobody was negative so he’s going fishing for some negativity to then say “I told you so”. 

Always needs an argument. Makes one up when one doesn't materialise.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

16 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

I’ve always said Wales vs England would sell well in Bristol, there’s a lot of Welsh in the city especially within the student population.

100%, Bristol and Cardiff should be the cities we look at for regular England v Wales test matches.

It's a nice idea, but isn't this 8 or so years too late? If this was going to happen surely it should have been just before the WC so they could be ready to capitalise. Will anyone in Bristol care? 

How many teams have now declared league one ambitions? Belgrade, Dublin, Bristol, Boston, Worcester.  

I want to expand and grow the game, but is doing it in this haphazard way actually harming more than it's doing good? Do we try and spread ourselves so thin we can't actually embed anywhere. 

I say this as someone who's been at the sharp end for nearly 10 years in 'non-traditional' areas, it just doesn't stack up to me. 

Archived