Sat 17 Oct: Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw after 80 minutes
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/20 at 14:30

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Really looking forward to this, Leeds the obvious favourites but I’ve got a hunch that Salford will do it, certainly hope so. 

I'm not picking on you, Eddie, and, indeed, I share both your hunch and hope, but why do you say that Leeds are 'obvious' favourites?  They currently lie 4th in the SL table.  Salford have recently knocked out of the challenge cup the sides who are third and fifth.  I can see that Leeds could be just about favourites, but not obvious ones.

I am reminded of the prevalent view two years ago that the Wire were strong favourites to turn over Les Dracs.  I never understood the logic in that, and the result both delighted me ('obviously'!) and struck me as far from surprising.

I feel sorry for the enterprising firm who, two years ago, were flogging 'Dragons fan for a day' T-shirts.  They could have made a fortune if there was a crowd this year with 'Red Devils fan for a day' ones!

16 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I'm not picking on you, Eddie, and, indeed, I share both your hunch and hope, but why do you say that Leeds are 'obvious' favourites?  They currently lie 4th in the SL table.  Salford have recently knocked out of the challenge cup the sides who are third and fifth.  I can see that Leeds could be just about favourites, but not obvious ones.

I am reminded of the prevalent view two years ago that the Wire were strong favourites to turn over Les Dracs.  I never understood the logic in that, and the result both delighted me ('obviously'!) and struck me as far from surprising.

I feel sorry for the enterprising firm who, two years ago, were flogging 'Dragons fan for a day' T-shirts.  They could have made a fortune if there was a crowd this year with 'Red Devils fan for a day' ones!

Leeds have a history of winning trophies and are better than Salford, is why I make them favourites. The bookies seem to agree (1.55 Leeds, 2.54 Salford - apologies for the decimal odds). 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Waiting to see the weather forecast as I fancy Salford over Leeds in dry weather.

The BBC forecast this far ahead of Saturday - 12 degrees C, light cloud and gentle breeze, 8-10% chance of rain.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m not sure why but I find it hard to warm to this Leeds side. They are a decent enough team but unlike in previous years they just don’t excite me.  

Waiting to see the weather forecast as I fancy Salford over Leeds in dry weather.

Interesting, for me ive ‘warmed’ to this season’s side more than any of the sides in the last 3 years, they seem to have a real genuine affinity for each other and a genuine sense of team spirit, we have some excellent youngsters coming through and we have played some great rugby. Agar has a lot of critics but the work he’s done in the last year he deserves a lot of praise.

It's a funny one this Salford have become my second team and I'm a Downtown Loiner.  I will never want my team to lose ,but if Salford win I will wholeheartedly congratulate them .Dont Know 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

This isn't the Leeds side that last won the Cup.  Its quite possible only Tom Briscoe and Liam Sutcliffe will be in the team who have played in winning Leeds teams before whilst Salford played last years's GF so arguably more of their team have relevant big match experience than Leeds.

I support Leeds so want us to win but I'm not that confident at all.  

I chose Leeds by 1-6 pts but not with any conviction, it could go either way and I would be chuffed if Salford were to win.

Does big match experience count in this game? I know it's the CC final at Wembley but with the lack of a crowd that must relieve some of the pressure associated with the occasion.

Salford can pull it off against anyone on their day making this an intriguing final.  1st CC Final I've not attended for many many years which is no big deal compared to the heartache the Salford fans must be feeling.

Expecting Pauli Pauli to do an Offiah special, thereby earning a statue outside Wembley but think Leeds will claim the cup.

Got to be cheering Yorkshire on.  Come on Leeds.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived