Sat 17 Oct: Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw after 80 minutes
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/20 at 14:30

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, redsi42 said:

Couple of positive COVID tests reported on GMR hope more don’t have to isolate or we could see a severely weakened team for Salford at Wembley 

4 players self isolated 2 positive 2 inconclusive. 

Will it still go ahead? It wont be fair to Salford are they able to train. Also possibly missing several players.  It's in an empty stadium so postpone for two weeks ? 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Got a good feeling about Saturday, could be another final like 2014 or worse for Salford, 2015. I think Leeds will suffer more from the no crowd element than Salford, but will still have enough. 

To paraphrase Jamie Peacock and Ryan Hall from 2015 "Everyone is saying they love an underdog. This is the year of the underdog, I'm sick of it. I hope we smash 'em 50 nil".

31 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Got a good feeling about Saturday, could be another final like 2014 or worse for Salford, 2015. I think Leeds will suffer more from the no crowd element than Salford, but will still have enough. 

To paraphrase Jamie Peacock and Ryan Hall from 2015 "Everyone is saying they love an underdog. This is the year of the underdog, I'm sick of it. I hope we smash 'em 50 nil".

That 2015 final was absolutely shocking. The best part of that day was Lizzie Jones’ singing whilst her husband was emblazoned on the big screens. There was a few tears around where I was sat that day. 

Not sure how some Leeds fans have come to the conclusion that they are 50 points better than Salford.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

44 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

What good would that be for the game?

The headlines would be great if Salford’s first Cup Final appearance since the 60’s ended in a 50+ win. You’d have to think someone would want to turn the dying minutes of the MPG vs Hull KR up to the modern day into a film. 

Not sure who would play Koukash though. 

8 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

The headlines would be great if Salford’s first Cup Final appearance since the 60’s ended in a 50+ win. You’d have to think someone would want to turn the dying minutes of the MPG vs Hull KR up to the modern day into a film. 

Pity Telly Savalas isn't still with us.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Maybe Omid Djalili could play Koukash.

On the final, Salford amongst other qualities have shown a lot of doggedness and an ability to play the full 80 so I can't see anything like Hull KR's horror show of 2015 happening. Very few of Leeds pre-2015 team are still around and Salford while only having last year's GF on the club's recent records do have players such as Watkins, Sarginson, Dudson and Mossop who have played in and won finals so the club experience of big games being in Leeds' favour is not really accurate IMO. I have gone for a narrow win for Salford.

On 12/10/2020 at 19:50, Scubby said:

RFL just announced Delia Smith for the community singing

spacer.png

Shame Wigan weren't there...

"A pie with me..."

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Was the 50-0 win in 2015 a record? It’d be nice to see that broken.

No it wouldn't.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

43 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Surely Ben Kingsley? He has form for growing a goaty and playing the big boss.

Yes, especially as he comes from just up the road - Station Road, Swinton and Pendlebury. He's the son of my GP when I lived there. 

Archived