Sat 17 Oct: Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw after 80 minutes
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/20 at 14:30

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Nice to see Wilky looking so well.

The morning after they finish that bottle, he'll be looking a little less well. :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sadly we are not scheduled to get it in Western Canada, so will have to make do with any highlights that end up on You Tube. I suspect Leeds will win by 3 scores, but I really want Salford to win, I love Watson’s coaching and although they are not large in number, Salford fans deserve to see success on the big stage.

32 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

Sadly we are not scheduled to get it in Western Canada, so will have to make do with any highlights that end up on You Tube. I suspect Leeds will win by 3 scores, but I really want Salford to win, I love Watson’s coaching and although they are not large in number, Salford fans deserve to see success on the big stage.

Could you not use a VPN to watch it online? 

Quite a sad day really, the Challenge Cup is one of those events that any decent side getting on a hot streak can win and in the last 25 years Clubs outside the big 4 in Rugby League have given their supporters the big day out on the national stage.

So if your a Salford fan once the club gets back on the big stage you canot be there, as Salford have a punchers chance of winning the original Red Devils could lift the Cup to precisely no-one, a comment on these troubled times.

A cup win could be transformational for Salford, then again as with the Grand Final appearance, it could lead tp the big four swooping, vulture like, on the club and signing up the top talent. Either way, I bet Salford fans would have liked to have their day in the sun.

Leeds to win by 12.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

just hoping the commentary team dont give away the nrl semi final result during their wafflings as i and am sure a lot of others with have it recorded for this evenings viewing 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

just hoping the commentary team dont give away the nrl semi final result during their wafflings as i and am sure a lot of others with have it recorded for this evenings viewing 

Yes... This!!! 

I always watch NRL games in the evening.... Worth a bit of NRL360 first to get a build up going 

I've been lucky that only very infrequently do I get the result spoiled. A bloke at work who is a fan of the game has had a flea in his ear for doing it once or twice

Best of luck to Salford in this one. No disrespect to Leeds, but there are some good people associated with Salford (Blease, Wilkinson, Watson.. etc) who have never had a sniff of the success their efforts have deserved down the years. 

The circumstances are sad but, like MoK, I am oddly excited about this final.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I'm wearing my red jumper today.Liverpool in the Merseyside Derby and Salford in the Challenge Cup Final.Being from Yorkshire and a Fev supporter i should probably be rooting for Leeds.During the Semi against Warrington i found myself shouting just as hard for Salfords never say die efforts than i have done at some of Fevs big games.Just hope the Final does the game proud.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Best of luck to Salford in this one. No disrespect to Leeds, but there are some good people associated with Salford (Blease, Wilkinson, Watson.. etc) who have never had a sniff of the success their efforts have deserved down the years. 

The circumstances are sad but, like MoK, I am oddly excited about this final.

Yes I agree they're my second club 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Better Wembley for consistency and status I feel

Could've  played it at Leigh or Dewsbury as there is no one going to be in there. Why travel 250 miles & self isolate after, when you can self isolate after 50 miles? London is bubbles lockdown again.

3 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Could've  played it at Leigh or Dewsbury as there is no one going to be in there. Why travel 250 miles & self isolate after, when you can self isolate after 50 miles? London is bubbles lockdown again.

As ever, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

Next month the RFL will be moaning why the government are not supporting Rugby League, after spending an enormous amount of money, hiring an empty 90k seating stadium, when we could be saving the RFL 1000's by playing the final in an empty stadium, somewhere up north

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

As ever, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

As usual, you don't see the bigger picture, why have the expense of hiring Wembley, when the final can take place for free (ish), somewhere up north, and not spread a virus around.

Archived