Sat 17 Oct: Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw after 80 minutes
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/20 at 14:30

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game, shame Salford lost because of a brain fart.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Leeds took their chance in the last five minutes, Salford didn't quite have the composure when they had theirs. Well done Leeds, tremendous final.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Haven't read the rest of the thread - but I got annoyed at the commentators lack of knowledge as to why the knock on was given against Pauli Pauli - He has to get up, play the ball, and stay on his feet - he can't fall over as he plays it - hence the knock on. The exact same thing happened earlier with Donaldson, and the ref blew a knock on and the commentators didn't comment on it.

It's been a rule for about 2 seasons now, it isn't new. 

9 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Surely it is a penalty for an incorrect play the ball.

No, do keep up.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

ALL I CAN SAY IS:)

* WELL DONE LEEDS/SALFORD/BBC/RFL/ALL THE PLAYERS 

Amazing game feel gutted for Salford and lets not forget John Wilkinson who did so music for the club ,that was a far more mature Salford team team than lost the SLGF last year.

PROUD to be a RL fan today 🙂

Paul

after all that effort- such a shame the game was swung by a padantic pathetic refereeing tic against pauli pauli - if i was a salford fan i would be fuming

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

after all that effort- such a shame the game was swung by a padantic pathetic refereeing tic against pauli pauli - if i was a salford fan i would be fuming

I agree entirely.

I only watched the last 10 minutes but it was a real game changer of a decision.

I preferred Leeds to win but I hate it when the referee makes a spectacular decisive call that decides the game.

3 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Who is the 4th team for kev Brown in CC final defeats? Wigan, Warrington, Salford and?

Huddersfield

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

You should learn the rules of RL, and then you would know it wasn't a pedantic decision - He knocked the ball on, he is 6ft10 or however much of a giant he is - He shouldn't have to fall over because a hand is on top of him. 

One of the key parts of the PTB is to have balance and not fall over.

The ref had a good game I felt, pretty anonymous generally, and ref'd with a smile on his face which was good to see.

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Other little things were given or were not on both sides.  Its the players responsibility to play the ball.  Its fundamental.

Hope they are disinfecting that cup between touches

Archived