Rugby League restarts In Eastern Europe.

• The Rocket changed the title to Rugby League restarts In Eastern Europe.

2 hours ago, PaulF said:

Great, great news....especially Russia. A couple of famous old names missing though such as Dynamo and Moscow Magicians. 

Probably playing union this year, I`ve heard they go back and forth between the codes a bit in Russia. Still a pretty impressive line up.

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Good to see Turkish tv showing NRL with local commentary. I see Turkey being a strong nation in the game 

Nothing like having it on TV and especially in your own language to be able to appreciate it. Does raise the interesting question of who are the commentators and what is their RL background. To be able to call the game does suggest there must be a fair bit of depth of knowledge and interest in the game to produce commentators. Having said that the quality of League on TV lately almost speaks for itself. You could watch it with the sound down and still enjoy it.

On 13/10/2020 at 14:11, The Rocket said:

Probably playing union this year, I`ve heard they go back and forth between the codes a bit in Russia. Still a pretty impressive line up.

Nothing like having it on TV and especially in your own language to be able to appreciate it. Does raise the interesting question of who are the commentators and what is their RL background. To be able to call the game does suggest there must be a fair bit of depth of knowledge and interest in the game to produce commentators. Having said that the quality of League on TV lately almost speaks for itself. You could watch it with the sound down and still enjoy it.

I believe it is a professional sports presenter accompanied by one of the TRLA boys, to help guide the main commentator along. 

Archived