A Final to relish!

2 hours ago, Total Rugby League said:

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait. What a cracking couple of days we have coming up, with must-see matches on both sides of the world....

View the full article

Hiding behind a paywall unfortunately.

Leeds v HKR comes to mind TBH deary me!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Hiding behind a paywall unfortunately.

It's not hiding anywhere.

It's perfectly upfront: we need people to pay to read our content, so we can continue to exist as a business and create more original content in future.

14 hours ago, John Drake said:

It's not hiding anywhere.

It's perfectly upfront: we need people to pay to read our content, so we can continue to exist as a business and create more original content in future.

I know SRD will turn up in all senses but there's a bit less "relish" about the final now I think. A classic a bit less likely too. If the Rhinos weren't favourites before they've got to be odds on now.

I was hoping to see a Red Devil's player as the Lance Todd winner which would've been a first. Of course it makes no difference to my support all the way.

Had to laugh at this from LoveRL though

" .....so obviously its not ideal preparation ahead of the Challenge Cup final on Saturday."

No I guess not!

32 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I know SRD will turn up in all senses but there's a bit less "relish" about the final now I think. A classic a bit less likely too. If the Rhinos weren't favourites before they've got to be odds on now.

I was hoping to see a Red Devil's player as the Lance Todd winner which would've been a first. Of course it makes no difference to my support all the way.

Had to laugh at this from LoveRL though

" .....so obviously its not ideal preparation ahead of the Challenge Cup final on Saturday."

No I guess not!

Oh ye of little faith. Fear not. 

They are going to win !

I can feel it in my water. They'll get the Lance Todd too.

They are indefatigable, utterly fearless and possessed by indomitable spirit.

I feel sorry for Leeds. 

Come on SRD. 

I am really excited for this. Enjoyed the semis much more that SL games because you knew it was on the line. This is the Challenge Cup and I'm really glad it is being played at Wembley. It may help Wembley attendances in future years because we stuck with it when times are tough.

Hard game to call too. All one the day!

21 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Oh ye of little faith. Fear not. 

They are going to win !

I can feel it in my water. They'll get the Lance Todd too.

They are indefatigable, utterly fearless and possessed by indomitable spirit.

I feel sorry for Leeds. 

Come on SRD. 

I'm still hopeful fighting mate, just less optimistic and all too used to things going wrong.

Leeds must be favourites though.

If you're Irish you can lend some of your Luck to SRD.

667922727_agaragar.JPG.ef094f335529ff60a3dbd4ccf043b39e.JPG

23 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I'm still hopeful fighting mate, just less optimistic and all too used to things going wrong.

Leeds must be favourites though.

If you're Irish you can lend some of your Luck to SRD.

667922727_agaragar.JPG.ef094f335529ff60a3dbd4ccf043b39e.JPG

Don't forget, due to the recently announced tie-up with Welsh Rugby League, God's on their side too. 

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Don't forget, due to the recently announced tie-up with Welsh Rugby League, God's on their side too. 

I saw an article on that, but search as I may I couldn`t find a date on the article so I thought it may have been an old article. While I was reading it I was thinking this is the way for one of these older clubs hemmed in by other established clubs to grow and hopefully thrive. Great news Salford, a really smart move.

I know you`ve got that problem up there with so many clubs crowded into a relatively small area but if they can put out a feeder system into potential or proven player producing areas and I think I read that Salford are going to develop an academy in Wales, then it may help alleviate the problems of crowding in the existing areas. And of course good for Welsh Rugby League.

4 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I saw an article on that, but search as I may I couldn`t find a date on the article so I thought it may have been an old article. While I was reading it I was thinking this is the way for one of these older clubs hemmed in by other established clubs to grow and hopefully thrive. Great news Salford, a really smart move.

I know you`ve got that problem up there with so many clubs crowded into a relatively small area but if they can put out a feeder system into potential or proven player producing areas and I think I read that Salford are going to develop an academy in Wales, then it may help alleviate the problems of crowding in the existing areas. And of course good for Welsh Rugby League.

I don't know the date of the hook-up either Rocket but I think its recent and it sounds like a great idea, for both parties. 

2 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I don't know the date of the hook-up either Rocket but I think its recent and it sounds like a great idea, for both parties. 

Do you think that it would be worth their while to play a couple of games out of there each year ? is that a realistic option to try and build a bit of a fan base there. If they could find a nice little 10-15 000 seat stadium in the right place, bit like what Parra does in the Territory every year and Souths do in W.A.

36 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

Does the BBC know something we don't? Have a look at the fixtures on their sport website for NRL grand final Sunday- they already have teams filled in!

Who won ? I might put a bet on !

3 minutes ago, iangidds said:

Just a quick question , were the RFL legally bound to hold the match at Wembley?

I don't think anyone is legally bound to do anything in Covid 19 2020. They may have had a deposit with Wembley which they would have had to write off or something. Remember, the cup final was scheduled for July so a lot of compromise has gone on.

I am delighted the players get to play at Wembley.

On 13/10/2020 at 09:30, Total Rugby League said:

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait. What a cracking couple of days we have coming up, with must-see matches on both sides of the world....

View the full article

Very exciting! 

Desperately trying to find a pub with outside space showing Challenge cup final in London.... 4 of us currently looking after the tier 2 move announced today

I hope Salford win, or at least give a good account of themselves.  I think a successful side could bring Rugby League back as a major player in what is after all one of RL few cities.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

I don't think anyone is legally bound to do anything in Covid 19 2020. They may have had a deposit with Wembley which they would have had to write off or something. Remember, the cup final was scheduled for July so a lot of compromise has gone on.

I am delighted the players get to play at Wembley.

Just wondering from a financial point of view if we as a game had to rent such a ground for zero spectators

Archived