Rugby League's ugliest kits

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, Wigan. We're serial offenders, with as many bad shirt designs as trophies (probably). Let's start, shall we?

rugby_shirt_2950_1_500x425x1.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

34 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Right, I've finished throwing up after posting that first shark shirt so here we go again! 

SHARK ATTACK!!!! WE'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER SICK BUCKET!!!! 

rugby_shirt_2162_1_375x500x1.jpg

That hurts my eyes, lucky it's in black and not some bright colour like orange or lime green.

13 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

That hurts my eyes, lucky it's in black and not some bright colour like orange or lime green.

Its been more recent years where those kinds of colours have been popular. We've had hot pink and highlighter yellow away kits in recent years. Those kits really do burn your retinas. 

22 hours ago, DavidM said:

I like traditional shirts you associate with teams . You can tinker but I don’t know why teams change so much and radically at times . That strip is your identity and heritage , why change and lose a bit of that ? The NRL rarely has these big changes . Wigan , Leeds, Saints , Hull etc etc  .  Strips  when I was going up , challenge cup finals and the like were iconic and clear , I never know why you’d deviate from them 

The right balance is modern versions of traditional colours and designs, with only minor changes to accommodate a new sponsor.

As we can see from the examples, the worst specimens are those with kaleidoscopic splurges or jagged edges. That Keighley shirt is one of the most vile things I`ve ever seen. To think someone got paid for designing that. I`m afraid it says a lot about the people who run some of our clubs that they`re happy to trash the game`s heritage.

And I`m with Henson Park Old Firm on the Salford monstrosity. If the RFL had any regard for the image of RL, they`d make Salford play in brown paper wrapping on Saturday.

22 hours ago, RP London said:

There is a very good reason for that 🤢

XXXX actually tastes better in the sub-tropics and tropics. It just seems to match the climate really well. I’d never want to drink it in the UK.

1 minute ago, Copa said:

XXXX actually tastes better in the sub-tropics and tropics. It just seems to match the climate really well. I’d never want to drink it in the UK.

had a few when i was over in Australia and would always look for an alternative.. not a nice beer IMHO

16 minutes ago, RP London said:

had a few when i was over in Australia and would always look for an alternative.. not a nice beer IMHO

I wouldn’t drink it here in Canberra. It doesn’t match our climate and it’s from Queensland.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Magic weekend has thrown up some real shockers in the name of charity,with Saints leading the way.

Couldn’t care less really what we wear for Magic as long it a) sells well - so the charity get money and b) awareness is raised for Autism, which the charity we’ve supported over the past four or so years and were due to again, this year. 

I’d rather that than the super hero ones teams wore the other year. There was nothing Hulk like about Hull FC when we put 45 on them without reply. 

15 minutes ago, Griff said:

When did Peter Brady play for Keighley ???

The bottom shirt is a rehash of the Cougars 93-95 jersey. The following season having been denied entry to Super League they stuck two fingers up to the RL with two of the most repulsive kits ever seen, the away one being more vile than even Hull Sharks efforts incorporating purple, white, gold stars, presumably Cougars tails and paw prints. No doubt those of you more tech savvy than this old git will be able to up/download them but be warned, don't look at them just after you have eaten

5 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

The bottom shirt is a rehash of the Cougars 93-95 jersey. The following season having been denied entry to Super League they stuck two fingers up to the RL with two of the most repulsive kits ever seen, the away one being more vile than even Hull Sharks efforts incorporating purple, white, gold stars, presumably Cougars tails and paw prints. No doubt those of you more tech savvy than this old git will be able to up/download them but be warned, don't look at them just after you have eaten

I look at the back of this and I just think regional darts player. 

rugby_shirt_899_1_369x492x1.jpg

rugby_shirt_899_2_369x492x1.jpg

29 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I look at the back of this and I just think regional darts player. 

rugby_shirt_899_1_369x492x1.jpg

rugby_shirt_899_2_369x492x1.jpg

The sad thing is they wore this abomination when they won the Divisional Premiership at Old Trafford, probably their most prestigious victory in history, a bit like wearing a Clown's suit for your wedding!

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Couldn’t care less really what we wear for Magic as long it a) sells well - so the charity get money and b) awareness is raised for Autism, which the charity we’ve supported over the past four or so years and were due to again, this year. 

I’d rather that than the super hero ones teams wore the other year. There was nothing Hulk like about Hull FC when we put 45 on them without reply. 

dunno that score line sounds very hull like... they probably won either side of that game too knowing them!

Archived