Salford Update

Further to the tests and I don't want to rehash the locked thread but from the press conference.

Friday- Player 1 tested positive on Friday, 8 players inconclusive

Salford cancelled all the training as a precaution over the weekend. 

Monday further player tests positive, 5 of the 8 inconclusive cleared but 3 remain inconclusive.

One of the positive tests picked up from a family member working in a school.

Waiting on the next round.

Inu and Yates not in the positives.

47 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Further to the tests and I don't want to rehash the locked thread but from the press conference.

Friday- Player 1 tested positive on Friday, 8 players inconclusive

Salford cancelled all the training as a precaution over the weekend. 

Monday further player tests positive, 5 of the 8 inconclusive cleared but 3 remain inconclusive.

One of the positive tests picked up from a family member working in a school.

Waiting on the next round.

Inu and Yates not in the positives.

Just been on BBC News channel 2 Salford player's positive and out of Saturdays final, no names given.

This is the time for a bit of charity to step in.  If Salford cannot field a team other than by putting in Academy players who will get panned, the RFL needs to let them borrow players from other teams; the other clubs need to get behind that, including Leeds.

A competitive match matters most.  Nobody would think any the less of the sport if it had to do this.  

5 minutes ago, Tonka said:

This is the time for a bit of charity to step in.  If Salford cannot field a team other than by putting in Academy players who will get panned, the RFL needs to let them borrow players from other teams; the other clubs need to get behind that, including Leeds.

A competitive match matters most.  Nobody would think any the less of the sport if it had to do this.  

WELL SAID THAT MAN TOTALLY AGREE:)

A competitive match is far more IMPORTANT and I think that the vast majority of Leeds Rhinos fans would agree .

Paul

5 minutes ago, Tonka said:

They will be able to field a team if these numbers remain as they are. They may miss 4 or 5 worst case, but I'd expect they would want to put young Salford lads in to these spots rather than borrow a few players. 

It's sad for anyone missing out, but it is what it is. 

11 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Can players move between Super League clubs at the minute? I can’t think of many instances of this, this year barring Wakefield getting Senior on loan from Huddersfield. It seems a few Championship players, who haven’t been in training environments ala Super League players, have moved up but not so many lateral moves between Super League teams. 

I wonder how long before this is locked?

If SRD have to play with whatever players are left so it goes.

The idea of borrowing players for a final is weird,  the queue of volunteers would be something to behold though; but I think rules on being cuptied would mean everyone.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

47 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Nice sentiment but if Salford won the cup that way they wouldn’t really be winning it. As a fan I wouldn’t be satisfied with that tbh. 

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

The idea of borrowing players for a final is weird,  the queue of volunteers would be something to behold though; but I think rules on being cuptied would mean everyone.

I think the only concession could be if they signed somebody on loan for the rest of the year. I think in an instance like that we could ignore the cup-tied element.

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think the only concession could be if they signed somebody on loan for the rest of the year. I think in an instance like that we could ignore the cup-tied element.

Yes we the fans could but imagine, just imagine,  if SRD signed someone in dubious circumstances and they single handedly won the cup.

I think Salford have enough on their plate as it is Dave!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, Oxford said:

Have just dragged my booits out from"t cupboard. Gor all mud off and am ready to go. PS. the changing rooms must be wheelchair friendly.

4 hours ago, Tonka said:

Im sure Leeds wouldn't object to Salford borrowing Greg Eden.

45 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Yes we the fans could but imagine, just imagine,  if SRD signed someone in dubious circumstances and they single handedly won the cup.

I think Salford have enough on their plate as it is Dave!

Don't worry about that mate, you are up against Leeds, I think the vast majority of fans are on your side this week!

33 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I am sure a few old boys would be OK with coming back for a game or two to help out. Especially if the 2 players are halfbacks.

Bobbie Goulding and Clive Griffiths are available but Clive's not keen on a halfback role

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

28 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m guessing we’re waiting for the squad announcements before we find out who’s been Covideded.

That's about the size of it, unless you fancy popping round to visit each member of the Salford squad, licking their nostrils and reporting back which ones made you feel a bit breathless.

To be honest with you, I think I'd wait for the squad announcement.

16 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

That's about the size of it, unless you fancy popping round to visit each member of the Salford squad, licking their nostrils and reporting back which ones made you feel a bit breathless.

To be honest with you, I think I'd wait for the squad announcement.

Imagine if it’s Lolohea and Brown. They’d be completely farked.

Archived