RFL move from Leeds to Manchester

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Jokes aside, Leeds averaged nearly 16k in 2016 and now are closer to 12k, that’s a massive drop and it’s worryingly similar at Wigan. Not sure what if anything those two clubs are trying to do about it, but I hope they get those lost fans back. 

With Leeds you probably have a combination of ground improvements (meaning a lower capacity/experience) as well as a drop in on field performance.. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RP London said:

With Leeds you probably have a combination of ground improvements (meaning a lower capacity/experience) as well as a drop in on field performance.. 

The ground was ready last season though, and crowds didn’t go back up. Some clubs (like Warrington) seem to do a lot to try to attract fans, and while I don’t live in Leeds to see what they’re doing locally I don’t think Leeds are doing anything like as much?

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Long overdue !

Whats not to like about moving from a dilapidated rural backwater that nobody has ever heard of outside of our game to a world class facility at a globally known location, that's at the hub of the Northern powerhouse and now has much of the countries media on their doorstep in Media City.

Also backed by the fact that the Region's mayor who's also a nationally known former MP also happens to be a RL fan

Only the bunch of deluded flat cappers who still think Yawkshire is the centre of the universe could believe this is a bad move for the sport.

Hes also a Blairite 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Jokes aside, Leeds averaged nearly 16k in 2016 and now are closer to 12k, that’s a massive drop and it’s worryingly similar at Wigan. Not sure what if anything those two clubs are trying to do about it, but I hope they get those lost fans back. 

17 k was the highest for 2 seasons but that is. Unrealistic to sustain that ,but the reason. For the drop was the stadium rebuild and have t had a full season the to build up the attendance level . 15.5 k is a realistic figure to achieve and maintain for Leeds and I think when things get back to normal that will be done . Also I have nothing against small towns or even fans from small towns  but the city of Leeds in RL have grown to expect these kicks from them . Cant move it to St Helen's their Sinusitis stops them speaking coherently.  Sorry 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The ground was ready last season though, and crowds didn’t go back up. Some clubs (like Warrington) seem to do a lot to try to attract fans, and while I don’t live in Leeds to see what they’re doing locally I don’t think Leeds are doing anything like as much?

dont disagree as dont live there either..

Once people stop going it can take some to get them back, its the danger when rebuilding parts of grounds, once you reduce the capacity will those that stopped going come back or will they have found other things to do with their time? You need to do things to get them back in and, as with you, i dont know if/what they were doing.

Performances on the pitch are going to make a difference too, would have been interesting to see what happened this year with the performances improving. 

37 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

17 k was the highest for 2 seasons but that realistic to sustain that ,but the reason. For the drop was the stadium rebuild and have t had a full season the to build up the attendance level . 15.5 k is a erratic figure to achieve and maintain for Leeds and I think when things get back to normal that will be done . Also I have nothing against small towns or even fans from small towns  but the city of Leeds in RL have grown to expect these kicks from them . Cant move it to St Helen's their Sinusitis stops them speaking coherently.  Sorry 

Ironic you go on about coherence with that post. 😉

52 minutes ago, Eddie said:

When it was 17K two seasons then it was 16k plus that jumped from 12 k in the 90s that tells you they attracted lots of new and casual fans who are not guaranteed to to be there when performances dip  I.E two terrible relegation fights ,these new casual fans not used to that . I am confident that when things get back to normal they will be back up to 14_ 15 5 k average ,but 17k like in 2004 and 2005 is not realistic .even for a city with the population of Leeds RL is not that big a sport ALAS 

JAMIE PEACOCK

6 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

When it was 17K two seasons then it was 16k plus that jumped from 12 k in the 90s that tells you they attracted lots of new and casual fans who are not guaranteed to to be there when performances dip  I.E two terrible relegation fights ,these new casual fans not used to that . I am confident that when things get back to normal they will be back up to 14_ 15 5 k average ,but 17k like in 2004 and 2005 is not realistic .even for a city with the population of Leeds RL is not that big a sport ALAS 

When you’re out and about in Leeds do you see a Rhinos presence (people wearing merch, stuff in pubs etc) or is it all Leeds Utd?

13 hours ago, del capo said:

RFL moving to the Northern Powerhouse  generally accepted as Manchester   this year  and will be based at  the Etihad  Campus. 

Crazy idea.

Who wants to go to work in the rain every day ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

When you’re out and about in Leeds do you see a Rhinos presence (people wearing merch, stuff in pubs etc) or is it all Leeds Utd?

In the boom years from say 2004 yes I saw young families moms with young kids in Rhinos gear . Leeds United fans were early middle aged  men . Now things have appeared to change back even though many fans based in the city riot for both ,but the profile seems to have switched back . Rhinos and RL in general bas work to do 

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Mixture, definitely more so of that in recent times with LUFC having average to poor gear alongside average to very poor results.

Loads of Adidas LUFC stuff out and about though now. Interestingly I'd say I see as much Rhinos merch in Wakefield as Trin.

15 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

In the boom years from say 2004 yes I saw young families moms with young kids in Rhinos gear . Leeds United fans were early middle aged  men . Now things have appeared to change back even though many fans based in the city riot for both ,but the profile seems to have switched back . Rhinos and RL in general bas work to do 

When typos tell the truth 😉

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Yo - Kaiser Chiefs.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Put it this way I was annoyed when they celebrated promotion I at ER and the in the City ,but what happened in Liverpool t other night I dont feel as guilty . Scousers can get away with it cos they're supposed to be cute 

JAMIE PEACOCK

Anyway back on subject it was a relief moving from Chapletown road to a stately home . When I went to the RL office on Chappy road we used to leave 3 to guard the car and one to nip inside .which is worse Chapletown or Moss side ? 

JAMIE PEACOCK

Archived