Super League Table - Points Difference

Dave T

According to the SL website Catalans and Wire are 3rd and 4th respectively, both with a win % of 66.7%.

Now the points difference was meant to be worked out as a % ratio too instead of normal points for and against. Using this measure, Wire should be 3rd and Catalans 4th. Does anybody know why SL are not using the new rules they stated, or am I getting my sums wrong?

46 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

At this rate I'm expecting them to forget its a 4 team playoff allowing Leeds to go for the double from 5th to top off a rather good year for Leeds supporting folk

They should probably award you the WCC as well. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

According to the SL website Catalans and Wire are 3rd and 4th respectively, both with a win % of 66.7%.

Now the points difference was meant to be worked out as a % ratio too instead of normal points for and against. Using this measure, Wire should be 3rd and Catalans 4th. Does anybody know why SL are not using the new rules they stated, or am I getting my sums wrong?

Think someone must have seen your post... 

https://www.superleague.co.uk/match-centre?tables 

I hadn't seen this thread earlier, but Nigel Pepper posted something similar on the RL Record Keepers' Club Facebook page, so I got on to the RFL to explain the error, and they updated as a result.  No doubt the only time I'll ever contribute to my team's position in the league table!

Of course it does mean that as things stand we've just lost what would be a certain victory against Saints, for a more difficult trip to Wigan 😉

For more information on the Rugby League Record Keepers' Club please visit our official website at www.rugbyleaguerecords.com

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

At this rate I'm expecting them to forget its a 4 team playoff allowing Leeds to go for the double from 5th to top off a rather good year for Leeds supporting folk

In all seriousness, Leeds could finish 5th but if Catalans don't play the mandatory 15 games then Leeds would qualify for the playoffs haha

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

In all seriousness, Leeds could finish 5th but if Catalans don't play the mandatory 15 games then Leeds would qualify for the playoffs haha

Unless Catalans have more competition points.... 

To qualify for the Play Offs, a team must have played a minimum of 15 matches - unless they end the regular season in the Top Four on competition points anyway.

(This stipulation will be reviewed, and could be amended, by the RFL Board if four or more clubs do not complete 15 matches)

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Unless Catalans have more competition points.... 

To qualify for the Play Offs, a team must have played a minimum of 15 matches - unless they end the regular season in the Top Four on competition points anyway.

(This stipulation will be reviewed, and could be amended, by the RFL Board if four or more clubs do not complete 15 matches)

Pah, Leeds will get more of those too!

Archived