People who are alive but you thought they had died

Happy 80th birthday to the truly great Carole King!

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

15 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Leslie Phillips, 97

Ah the memories. Many (many) years ago my mate and I pulled into a petrol station in West Hampstead to fill up. Mate got out and was at the pump when a sports car pulled up at the other side of the pump, and out got Leslie Phillips.  I was trying to do my 'I'm looking at him but trying not to let him notice' thing when he came over to the car and said something along the lines of " I say chaps, just picked up this car and I can't find the petrol cap, I don't suppose one of you would know where it is?"  Out we got and after a while my mate found it (behind the rear number plate), cue lots of thanks in true Carry On/ farce mode, and off we went. A very nice chap.

• Like 5

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

• 1 month later...

John Astin, 92 today. Best known for playing Gomez Addams, but was also occasionally The Riddler (when Frank Gorshin was unavailable).

john-astins-90th-b-.jpg?quality=75&strip

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Happy birthday to Graham Kerr, aka the Galloping Gourmet - still with us and 89 years young as of yesterday!

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 02/02/2023 at 12:35, Wolford6 said:

David Clayton-Thomas, 81

Probably the only white soul singer who can look Tom Jones and Joe Cocker (theoretically!) in the eye.

Gosh, yes. I thought he'd gone years ago.  BS & T were really really good. Still on my playlist.

• 2 weeks later...

Patricia Routledge, aka Hyacinth Bucket, 94 today!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sharp as a tack, funny and wise, plus madder than ten boxes of frogs, happy 90th birthday Yoko Ono!

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harry Belafonte, 96 today!

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

The wonderful Candi Staton, 83 today!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 18/02/2023 at 16:41, Futtocks said:

Sharp as a tack, funny and wise, plus madder than ten boxes of frogs, happy 90th birthday Yoko Ono!

Over 42 years now since she lost John Lennon.

Very sad.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)