If England played at the end of the year...

17 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I know Williams is kicking well for Raiders but there is real value in the halves playing from the same club side

Whiddop and Austin I'd say start

No way would I start with Farnworth - too inexperienced - in a rubbish side as well

Mcshane over Clarke/Robey? 

Only for the Widdop and Austen selection.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, DavidM said:

I look at all these sides and the real sides we pick and firstly I look 1-7 . I don’t fret much about our pack but we’re way way off behind the scrum and until we fix that we’ll compete but struggle to hurt them enough to prevail 

I don't honestly think we will get anywhere near Aus, they have kicked on again and in my opinion and any gap that was being closed has been forced wider, all those of the opinion a few short years ago who said when Slater Thurston, Cronk and Smith are gone they will be ordinary I think that idea can be dismissed the new wave will be every bit as devastating, they may have a different approach and style to those mentioned but will still be far to good for any opposition we can offer.

I will still be firmly in our corner though and hoping we can win through.

I was just thinking the other day that we haven't had one of these for a few weeks, where people pick their favourite players/club players, or some random youth who's had a couple of good games for Wigan, Leeds, Saints or Wire.

Or whichever player is the darling of the media this month.

And not forgetting the ones who kick off when Regan Grace hasn't been picked 

🙂 

53 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I wasn’t. 

Half time now, so I'll address your post. 

Meast was having a bit of a giggle re the 'armchair selectors' who kick off when Grace is not picked for England. 

You stated that 'they'd be right' saying he was in the top 2 wingers in SL. Therefore, agreeing with said selectors that he should be selected (For England). 

I'm off to the fridge now 🍻

1. Tomkins 2. Makinson 3. TBC 4. King 5. Johnstone 6. Lomax 7. Williams 8. Walmsley 9. Clarke 10. T Burgess 11. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Knowles 

14. Connor 15. Thompson 16. Sutton 17. Harvard

Edit: Just deleted Watkins after the second defensive misread in today’s final. 

55 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

1. Tomkins 2. Makinson 3. TBC 4. King 5. Johnstone 6. Lomax 7. Williams 8. Walmsley 9. Clarke 10. T Burgess 11. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Knowles 

14. Connor 15. Thompson 16. Sutton 17. Harvard

Edit: Just deleted Watkins after the second defensive misread in today’s final. 

Toby King is an interesting shout. He’s improved immeasurably over the last 2 years...

Its a fairly straightforward selection.

The 17...

Tomkins;  Manfedi, Hardaker, Gildart, Burgess; Williams, Smith;  Singleton, McIllorum, Sutton; Farrell, Bateman; O'Loughlin;   Smithies, Partington, Greenwood, Hanley.

To add to a squad of 21... G.Burgess, Bullock, Harvard, Shorrocks.

I've had to leave some good players out... (Hankinson is a good goalkicker...)

Archived