If England played at the end of the year...

12 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Its a fairly straightforward selection.

The 17...

Tomkins;  Manfedi, Hardaker, Gildart, Burgess; Williams, Smith;  Singleton, McIllorum, Sutton; Farrell, Bateman; O'Loughlin;   Smithies, Partington, Greenwood, Hanley.

To add to a squad of 21... G.Burgess, Bullock, Harvard, Shorrocks.

I've had to leave some good players out... (Hankinson is a good goalkicker...)

Very good, I can see your selection has a varied geographical spread with player's  originating from Milton Keynes, Leigh, Pontefract, Wigan, Dewsbury, Widnes, Barrow, Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, Oldham, Blackpool and even Sofia in Bulgaria. I thought you may have overloaded your selection with Wigan born player's but you only choose to have a modicum in you side just goes to show you are not biased at all.

My only concern is how they would be shaped into an homogeneous cohesive unit, as hard as I try I have come to the conclusion that it would never work, back to the drawing board Mr Prince!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Very good, I can see your selection has a varied geographical spread with player's  originating from Milton Keynes, Leigh, Pontefract, Wigan, Dewsbury, Widnes, Barrow, Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, Oldham, Blackpool and even Sofia in Bulgaria. I thought you may have overloaded your selection with Wigan born player's but you only choose to have a modicum in you side just goes to show you are not biased at all.

My only concern is how they would be shaped into an homogeneous cohesive unit, as hard as I try I have come to the conclusion that it would never work, back to the drawing board Mr Prince!

I thought I was being very objective and I cast my net wide.  Its a shame I could not fit in Sargeson.   And the unit would be shaped by the coach, its a shame he cannot be assisted by Shaun Edwards and Andy Farrell.

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 14:44, paulwalker71 said:

I know we are only theorising about a non-existent game, but I'd be interested to hear any good reason to pick George Burgess on this season's form?

Your right I put the wrong one, always get them mixed up. I meant Tom (the Souths prop) not the donkey at Wigan.

Also forgot that Morgan Knowles had now switched to England. I'd have him starting at 13 with Bentley moving to the bench in place of Currie

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 17/10/2020 at 14:29, Hela Wigmen said:

Based on form, no. The five game ban for fondling a Tiger put paid to that. Handley for me, the other this year. 

Sorry for the late reply Hela, I missed this.

Seriously you would put in Handley before Makinson? Handley is no slouch at all but he is quite a few rungs down the ladder in comparison to Makinson, for the other wing we need a injury free Dom Manfredi who has been worked on to eliminate those daft brainfarts he is so very capable of commiting.

Hear goes,

1 S Tomkins, 2 Makinson, 3 King, 4 Gildart, 5 Handley.

6 Williams, 7 Gale.

8 Walmsley , 9 Roby, 10 Watts

11 Bateman, 12 Farrell

13 Knowles.

Subs Thomson, Clark, Currie and Whitehead.

Archived