CUP FINAL PROGRAMME seems a rip off

received my programmes to day  . I ordered 2 programmes  the £5 normal programme and the £10 Leeds fan edition .

imagine my surprise when 2 identical £5 programmes arrived . I checked out every page on both of them and there's no difference at all including the £5 price on the front .

seems ignition media has stalled again.

1 minute ago, kev p said:

i would check that the order is not correct, with whoever you bought from. could be an error, otherwise yes, a complete rip off!

Can't argue with that.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Just now, kev p said:

i would check that the order is not correct, with whoever you bought from. could be an error, otherwise yes, a complete rip off!

ordered direct from ignition media who produce them and send them out. First thing I did was to check my order as of course I always keep a copy of anything i order online 

2020-10-16.png

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That's not typical RL Fan behaviour though 😉

when it was advertised as a Leeds fans edition and separately it was advertised as a Salford fans edition and you find supporters names from both clubs mixed together how can it be anything other than a rip off.

I know of one collector who has ordered a copy of all 3 different editions on the basis that they would have slight differences 

• paul hicks changed the title to CUP FINAL PROGRAMME seems a rip off
1 hour ago, paul hicks said:

received my programmes to day  . I ordered 2 programmes  the £5 normal programme and the £10 Leeds fan edition .

imagine my surprise when 2 identical £5 programmes arrived . I checked out every page on both of them and there's no difference at all including the £5 price on the front .

Presumably you posted this whilst on hold waiting for the supplier to answer your phone call of complaint. What did they say when you eventually got through? 

3 hours ago, paul hicks said:

Was their no discount code.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

So it was, as Paul rightly said at the outset, a rip off. A lame one too.

One or two 'helpful'/superior posters might want to take note, and thank Paul for raising the issue.

there all to busy been high and mighty. so easy big and clever hiding behind silly names 

41 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

there all to busy been high and mighty. so easy big and clever hiding behind silly names 

Help us out here. I can only see one line of an email confirming a refund.  Exactly what confusion is the guy referring to? 

I can only see one version for sale on their Web site. Does this mean they've dropped the £10 version? 

16 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Help us out here. I can only see one line of an email confirming a refund.  Exactly what confusion is the guy referring to? 

I can only see one version for sale on their Web site. Does this mean they've dropped the £10 version? 

Yeah. Because you were paying £5 (and £5 for the programme itself) to have your name printed on the programme and there was a deadline for that, so it could be printed in time for the game. That’s now passed. 

44 minutes ago, JohnM said:

the listing mentioned 3 versions of a programme  and thus serious collectors who want everything were led to think there were actually 3 different versions when in fact there was only one indeed Salford fans may buy 2 versions  as  Leeds fans did . 

as can be seen from the reply to a person who had bought 2 programmes thinking there would be a slight difference the publishers have admitted they had not made it clear so were offering a refund which they would seem to be an admission of fault .

as it happens a mate over the road from me has bought my spare one so I'm not out of pocket . he was not aware a programme was been produced as he is an occasional watcher of the game. 

Here's how it was sold. A limited room for misunderstanding I suppose if you're not paying attention, but it's pretty clear it's the same thing for one price with your name in it and one without.

The price for this very special edition is £10 and includes first class postage to a UK address. Or, for £5 plus £1.99 p+p, the programme can be ordered without placing a name in the Roll of Honour.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2020/10/07/official-challenge-cup-final-programme-be-part-of-it/

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Here's how it was sold. A limited room for misunderstanding I suppose if you're not paying attention, but it's pretty clear it's the same thing for one price with your name in it and one without.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2020/10/07/official-challenge-cup-final-programme-be-part-of-it/

So presumably Paul received two programmes, one with his name in it that he paid £10 for and one without his name in it that he paid £5 for. Is this correct?

17 hours ago, paul hicks said:

Was your name not included in one of them then?

7 hours ago, paul hicks said:

the listing mentioned 3 versions of a programme  and thus serious collectors who want everything were led to think there were actually 3 different versions when in fact there was only one indeed Salford fans may buy 2 versions  as  Leeds fans did . 

as can be seen from the reply to a person who had bought 2 programmes thinking there would be a slight difference the publishers have admitted they had not made it clear so were offering a refund which they would seem to be an admission of fault .

as it happens a mate over the road from me has bought my spare one so I'm not out of pocket . he was not aware a programme was been produced as he is an occasional watcher of the game. 

Did you make sure you didn't sell him the one with your name in it?

(Sorry about my silly user name btw.)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

So presumably Paul received two programmes, one with his name in it that he paid £10 for and one without his name in it that he paid £5 for. Is this correct?

Was your name not included in one of them then?

Did you make sure you didn't sell him the one with your name in it?

(Sorry about my silly user name btw.)

all 3 versions have the same names in them  .

Archived