End of season International?

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

What is the barrier to a couple games against France and Wales? 

Financial? 

Can't be Covid as Catalan games all gone ahead

Probs a mixture of financial, the ending of our season in late November (which itself is a finance related) and the usual cba

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It would a single squad of players. All of whom surely would like a run out and team game

Stick it on the telly we'd all watch 

What he said. We don't need the NRL based players to play necessarily, give a run out to some fringe players, might make it a big more competitive, can't have a crowd in anyway so doesn't matter what ground it's at, Leigh here we come! Wales had said about playing an NHS Cup game and Wane had said he would be willing to play on Christmas day to get a game on, now I'm not saying do that but there's no reason it can't be played late on in the year, let's just get an international played in 2020 so we don't go 3 sodding years without a game. 

You're all just being silly , with a world cup next year , probably the most important in the game's history,  all you need is a few friendly games a fortnight before the tournament and the BBC to tell everyone about it the week before,  that should guarantee RL grabs the national interest . Look at football,  England played three games in a week,  and who cared about that, nothing in the papers at all. Oh...hang on....I got that wrong......I need a lie down......excuse me.

We’re only announcing Super League games a few weeks in advance, so I don’t know why we’d announce an International so early on.

If we do and I think it would be a big if, it would have to be against the Exiles. France and the three home nations and Ireland all, to some extent, rely on players from the Championship, who haven’t played for the best part of eight months. 

I don't think you could judge any fringe player's suitability for international rugby during the current phase, it's too abnormal. Let's not prolong this weird season any more, just get it done, get the players onto their break, and then start afresh in January.

By all means, clear some time mid season if we can and play France and Wales without the NRLers. That would be something to look forward to and more useful to Wane then. 

Archived