Celebrities born in Countries you didnt expect

"Native American" conservationist Grey Owl, born Archie Belaney in Hastings.

Not as well-known these days, but quite a big celebrity at one time, and a man with a fascinating life story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Owl 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 23/08/2021 at 19:16, MattSantos said:

Terry Butcher was born in Singapore

Year older than me.

He may have been a "forces " baby with a lot of us born at Singapore Changi Hospital in the late 50s early 60s.🤪

Edited by yanto

You've all forgot about Stan Laurel

Slash

Elizabeth Taylor

Kiefer Sutherland

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Even though Russell Crowe makes out that he is a fair dinkum Aussie he was born in New Zealand.

Nonsense! I've seen him in 'Robin Hood' - he's clearly a native of Lincolnyorklancashropcaithnesstasmanianebraskaderbyshire.

• Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Skippy the bush kangaroo was apparently born Skipinder, and comes from the Punjab.  I do not know when or under what circumstances he emigrated.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2021 at 16:42, Mumby Magic said:

Speak of which Gary Bailey England and Man Utd keeper. South Africa.

He was a reverse one.

I thought he was South African and he was brought up there, but was actually born in Ipswich.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/12/2021 at 16:59, Mumby Magic said:

Max Verstappen. Belgium

I always had him down as a wrong 'un.

[looks up Max Verstappen in Wikipedia]

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

On 13/09/2021 at 19:33, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Skippy the bush kangaroo was apparently born Skipinder, and comes from the Punjab.  I do not know when or under what circumstances he emigrated.

It is a pretty sad story truely. Despite him being presented now as a hero of ethnic diversity and acceptance in Australia, he actually carried the shame. He was determined and commited to being seen as a fair dinkum Aussie and disowned hin Punjabi heritage.

Edited by Bob8
  • Haha 1