Grand Final will NOT be at Old Trafford

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

At least its an all-enclosed, modern ground, so they should be able to dress it up nicely with banners, flags, fireworks and lights. RFL did a good job at Wembley I thought and a night game will make atmosphere easier to project for TV. 

Exactly. It will look good.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 21/10/2020 at 21:07, 17 stone giant said:

Any team can win a Grand Final in sunny Manchester on a Saturday. Only the truly great teams can do it on a cold wet Wednesday night in Leigh.

Ah yes, those dark satanic mills as Eddie Waring would say...

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah but they won't though will they

Leeds could lose to Saints and Cas, have a Covid outbreak and get 2 games cancelled against Wakefield, then lose to Cas and Wigan.

Hull could beat Rovers and not play again.

Catalans not make the 15 games.

Done.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Leeds could lose to Saints and Cas, have a Covid outbreak and get 2 games cancelled against Wakefield, then lose to Cas and Wigan.

Hull could beat Rovers and not play again.

Catalans not make the 15 games.

Done.

I know that but even then Hull won't beat rovers

35 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

What happens if Hull get there. 

I guess they'd have a similar advantage to the ones your lot have had recently.

Anyway..."if Hull get there"!?!?

Have a word with yourself!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why Friday night. I don’t mind it being at Hull given the circumstances but Saturday evening would still be the best time. 

Sky obviously couldn’t give the game its usual time slot and Friday night is seen as the best alternative,I’ve no problem with that.

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Sky obviously couldn’t give the game its usual time slot and Friday night is seen as the best alternative,I’ve no problem with that.

Yup, as Elstone said, it's a TV event, if this delivers a great figure then there is no issue, no considerations of making it an event families can travel to and from. 

19 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Good that it's at a stadium not used in the often used stadiums.

Would have preferred a larger ground, but we have to go for the cheapest option at the minute.

Makes sense really.

We don't have to worry about LARGER as in capacity, and as it was built as a Rugby ground, it will be bigger than OT, & it won't have those short in-goal areas. 

Quite pleased actually, that my first alternate, as posted above, was chosen. I like the KCOM.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Is that obvious? Do you think all the Sky channels will be full of top quality live sport the next day at 6pm?

Archived