NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2020 - Results Posted, Awards Presented

NRL GRAND FINAL POLL 2020  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How many tries will be scored altogether by the two teams in the game?

• 0 to 3 tries in total
    • 4 or 5 tries
    • 6 or 7 tries
    • 8 or 9 tries
    • 10 tries or more altogether

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/10/20 at 08:20

4yy1ELZ.pngWELCOME

This Grand Final Competition is traditionally in memory of George Fairclough (Bourbon Rat) of this forum

George was a lifelong Wigan Fan and a Melbourne Storm fan from their inception. He lived in Melbourne

.YOOjO2i.png

George Fairclough RIP

and  Richard Glover (Kiwityke) of this forum - New Zealand Warriors and Batley Bulldogs fan

Image result for Kiwityke Richard as a boy. RIP

Both dear friends and regular contributors, sadly missed.

We remember too Simon Cooper (Lounge Room Lizard) who sadly passed away during this season. Simon contributed to this forum and was an ever present in our annual Fantasy Team/SuperCoach competition. RIP Simon.

VapYus1.png Simon Cooper RIP

NRL Grand Final 2020
To be played October 25th 7:15pm local time at ANZ Stadium, Sydney (8:15 am in the UK)

Tempus fugit 
It seems like only yesterday that we were starting with our Round 1 tipping competition and now here we are with our blockbusting Grand Final occasion just a few days away after a most unusual season. 
Everyone is welcome to take part in this competition
This season has once again been a friendly and close fought affair.
Thank you to everyone who has been a part of it. Your friendship and company has been much appreciated.

QUESTIONS:
1. Name the WINNING TEAM ... Panthers or Storm
2. Tot up the two teams predicted scores and give us your predicted match POINTS TOTAL
3. Poll question this week: How many tries will be scored altogether by the two teams in the game? 

pick one of the options above - answer in the poll above but also in your posting.

So here's to a great competition, and may the best tipster and team win! 
Good Luck everyone - there'll be an animated award as usual.

• Graham pinned this topic

A great first post Graham and I am proud to play in the Grand Final tipping competition in memory of George Fairclough and Richard Glover.

To business.

Winners: Penrith Panthers

5 tries , 28 points

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

34 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A great first post Graham and I am proud to play in the Grand Final tipping competition in memory of George Fairclough and Richard Glover.

To business.

Winners: Penrith Panthers

5 tries , 28 points

George was a very good friend of mine for many years. He was a great supporter of rugby league and Wigan and Storm in particular. He lived in a suburb of Melbourne. His sudden death a week after his 65th birthday was a tragedy for his loving wife Irene and his family. Richard lived just outside Auckland with his wife and was a season ticket holder of New Zealand Warriors. He was in his eighties when he died. Richard was originally from Batley and continued to support Batley Bulldogs, annually sponsoring a match, often when they played my UK team Featherstone Rovers. Barney and I are good friends and we met up with Richard and were guests of him at the game. Lovely man!

Both George and Richard were regulars, posting on this forum and taking part in the tipping competition every week.

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Lounge Room Lizard would have been pleased to see his team through again as well.

Thanks for the reminder of Simon.  It was an oversight by me not to mention him. Simon was a regular contributor to these forums and had entered a team in our NRL Supercoach competition and before it our NRL Fantasy Comp from the very start. RIP Simon who battled to fight cancer over a long period., and left a young family behind him

I have included Simon now in the first post above. 

• Graham changed the title to NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2020 - Results Posted
  • Graham changed the title to NRL GRAND FINAL TIPPING COMPETITION 2020 - Results Posted, Awards Presented

Congratulations to R L Winger on his victory this week and congratulations to Cameron Highlander on his minor prize.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

• Graham unpinned this topic

Archived