Return to play - Stage 4

With the return to competitive junior fixtures this weekend, how did everything pass off for you?

How were the kids? Parents? Etc

Any difficulties or did all go well? 

Looking forward to a few positive stories.

Here in the Midlands, Bassetlaw Bulldogs and Bolsover Bulls saw 55 kids across 3 age groups battle it out with great fun and endeavour. They were certainly very, very pleased to be back in action. 

We've stood down until the new year, we'd just signed up with Doncaster R.L.F.C. to start coaching in the local primary schools before it came to a head with a tournament on our ground, the kids taking part would have been offered the chance to continue playing the game by coming down to join our own training sessions, like most things 2020, covid has played a major part in delaying most things at the club.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 2 weeks later...

With a lockdown now a reality, I worry about when clubs will be able to start up again. That's if some do at all. The same could be said for some semi pro teams. It's getting very worrying now. This thing is ripping up the fabric of the country. I pray for normality. 😞

21 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

Some teams have been playing open age and juniors.

That must have been good for all involved to get out on the field

First game last weekend for the Open-age, do they have to wait two weeks before they can play again (That's what we hear)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

I'm just looking forward to Saddleworth Rangers playing again. I'm also an Oldham Roughyeds fan. It's the kids game that's worrying me the most. Some of them won't understand what's going on, all they want to is play the game they love with their friends at their respective clubs. I just hope our kids playing the game don't lose interest, these kids are the future. I'm sure we all hope and pray for for some sort of normality. 

Archived