Featherstone born Challenge Cup Record Breakers

8 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

On that basis there are probably more Pontefract born players than any others in the whole of RL. The simple reason being that's where the maternity hospital is that serves both Fev and Cas.

Not in the 1970s. Lots of us were born at Hemsworth.

2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

On that basis there are probably more Pontefract born players than any others in the whole of RL. The simple reason being that's where the maternity hospital is that serves both Fev and Cas.

Similarily ' Billinge maternity hospital serving much of Wigan, Leigh and St Helens 

13 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Not in the 1970s. Lots of us were born at Hemsworth.

hemsworth was the main maternity for years  before ponte opened in the late seventies but lets not forget before ponte  there was a small maternity hospital which was used some times for normal births it was mainly  for emergencies  and premature births

It was on pontefract road C%S it's mow the RAFA Castleford

The Flarepath Club

13 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

You may be surprised to learn that it's now a housing estate... 

That shows my age more than anything else, my grandson was born in Ponte maternity, parents living in Sharlston, but he's 23 now. My eldest son had the "dishonour" of being born in Cas Maternity in 1973, even though we lived in Fev at the time.

Where do expectant mothers from the Five Towns area go to give birth nowadays then?

4 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

That shows my age more than anything else, my grandson was born in Ponte maternity, parents living in Sharlston, but he's 23 now. My eldest son had the "dishonour" of being born in Cas Maternity in 1973, even though we lived in Fev at the time.

Where do expectant mothers from the Five Towns area go to give birth nowadays then?

they offer home births now steve  and there are birthing centres at pinders and dewsbury with birthing pools but bog standard labour ward  is at pinders

Archived