the wheels have come off at cas now losing 46 - at hull

10 hours ago, paul hicks said:

something seems very wrong at cas this season

A lot of injuries and nothing to play for at this stage of the season.It wasn't long since they were beaten by the odd point or two in matches which would have had them in contention if the result went their way.Powell has a rebuilding job to do which will take two or three seasons,it happened to Leeds but they have managed to turn things round.I think Powell has earned the right to rebuild the side if he fancies the task but the directors may want a change to freshen things up.Look at the Cathedral city side Wakey and what they have achieved in the last 40 yrs Cas have done OK.and this is coming from a Fev supporter.

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Maybe but Wakey have beaten them when it counted and managed to stay in Super League while Cas went down.

True but our recent record against them is nothing short of pitiful, and they way this season is panning out for us we 

don't have a prayer of beating them (or any other team for that matter!)

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

With all that has gone on this season, and is still going on, its pretty hard to judge teams. This is especially so when the play offs are out of reach and its just a case of fulfilling games.

Also we don't know who has been let go for 2021, and how much each of these players have taken a pay cut. This stuff all builds up when there is no longer something to play for.

Before yesterday, Cas’ defeats since the restart have been by 4, 12, 13, 2, 8, 10 and 26 points. That to me is a big enough indicator that Cas are in those games for a large period for most of those games and probably aren’t that far off in some of those games. 

Cas, to me as a Saints fan, are in a transitional period. They have two young halves in Trueman and Richardson, having lost Gale and they’re still learning their craft and like many teams, they’ve suffered injuries this year, we’ve seen pretty much nothing of Feki, for example, and they’ve brought in a couple mid-season in Fleming and O’Brien to cope with injuries. 

Cas obviously weren’t good yesterday but looking at their team, I’d normally expect to see Matautia, Olpherts, Watts, Holmes, Blair, Smith, Moors and Eden in their side. 

On a fairly serious note, I wonder how much, if any, Powell's continuous whining and negativity have affected the players?

Maybe when they find it tough going, mentally they crack and believe all is well because the referees are poor or that they have a ready made excuse by having players missing?

I'm not sure but it can't help the playing squad when their head coach is always looking for excuses and not putting the blame on his players, in public anyway.

19 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Cas, to me as a Saints fan, are in a transitional period. They have two young halves in Trueman and Richardson, having lost Gale and they’re still learning their craft and like many teams, they’ve suffered injuries this year, we’ve seen pretty much nothing of Feki, for example, and they’ve brought in a couple mid-season in Fleming and O’Brien to cope with injuries. 

Neither Richardson or Trueman are exactly rookies any more, both are in their 4th year of 1st grade with 80+ first team games

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

What's going on with this thread?

Cas lose by a considerable margin to the mighty Hull FC and all of a sudden they're pants and summat's up?

Actually, I see the OP's point, as you were.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

5 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Try nearly 160 games. You can maybe forgive Trueman as he's only 21 but Richardson is 24 now

Richardson has played 59 games at Super League level and Trueman had played 62 before this year. Which is still very few compared with the first choice pairings at Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Hull, Warrington, Salford and Catalans. They’re learning their trade and learning to play together, with Richardson joining this year. 

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Richardson has played 59 games at Super League level and Trueman had played 62 before this year. Which is still very few compared with the first choice pairings at Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Hull, Warrington, Salford and Catalans. They’re learning their trade and learning to play together, with Richardson joining this year. 

And don't forget Richardson has a bad neck! 🤕

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Archived