And the winner is ...

People say we don`t have Super Star personality players any more, you could easy throw another 5 or 6 onto that list. Minimum.

I think the game just has been on the wrong side of the headlines a little too much in recent years, if we can get that sorted, we`ve got potential super stars for everyone.

Any way congrats to Jack Wighton, his career was at a crossroads a couple of years ago, it can`t be easy to turn your back on drinking and partying when your a young bloke, especially when you see your mates out of footy living it up. I think it is a pretty big sacrifice and would take a lot of self control. Hats off to them.

For the first time, a full Dally M team of the year has been named (previously just one prop, centre, winger & second row was named, now we have a full xiii).

The team is below and as you would expect, very strong.

Fullback: Clint Gutherson

Wing: David Nofoaluma

Centre: Kotoni Staggs

Centre: Stephen Crichton

Wing: Josh Addo-Carr

Five-Eighth: Jack Wighton

Halfback: Nathan Cleary

Prop: Josh Papalii

Hooker: Cameron Smith

Prop: James Fisher-Harris

Second Row: Viliame Kikau

Second Row: Tohu Harris

Lock: Isaah Yeo

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Hard to leave Tedesco out of any team, some red hot young talent in the centres, little bit jarring to see that old stager Smith in there, but I suppose who else would you pick. Fisher-Harris can`t wait to see him for the Kiwis against Oz. Harris another Kiwi and probably Yeo as well.

11 minutes ago, silverback said:

No morris

No Roosters at all which would have been unthinkable at the start of the year.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

27 minutes ago, silverback said:

No morris ? i love to see the Fox in full flight and if i win lottery hes coming to Batley Bulldogs.

They’ve already named the stadium after him in anticipation haven’t they ?

Can someone answer a question please.

It is my understanding that as well as the Dally M player of the year, the team of the year is also selected based on the points system... i.e. the top rated full back in the Dally M points table is the full back of the year and the two top rated wingers are the wingers of the year etc.

But this cannot be the case as Isaah Yeo is the lock of the year when according to the final table below Jason Taumalolo (12 points) is listed and Yeo is not and for prop of the year Siosiua Taukeiaho (13 points) is on the leader board above James Fisher-Harris (12 points) and Josh Papalii not on the board.  Seems a little inconsistent.

https://www.nrl.com/hall-of-fame/dally-m-awards/2020-leaderboard/ 

I’m really surprised by the choice of Wighton. He’s been good this year but not as good as last year in my opinion, and he’s form has tailed off in recent weeks. Cleary has been stand out but Luai and Keary also excellent whilst Johnson too since the return. I think Williams has been as good as Wighton

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

For the first time, a full Dally M team of the year has been named (previously just one prop, centre, winger & second row was named, now we have a full xiii).

The team is below and as you would expect, very strong.

Fullback: Clint Gutherson

Wing: David Nofoaluma

Centre: Kotoni Staggs

Centre: Stephen Crichton

Wing: Josh Addo-Carr

Five-Eighth: Jack Wighton

Halfback: Nathan Cleary

Prop: Josh Papalii

Hooker: Cameron Smith

Prop: James Fisher-Harris

Second Row: Viliame Kikau

Second Row: Tohu Harris

Lock: Isaah Yeo

Interesting make up and difficult to argue against most of those, but some are debatable. I can’t wait to see how Fox pundits react to the ‘Best player in the world’ not making the side 😂

Archived