A fevnut special: Featherstone's League of Nations (Part 2)

fevnut

A few days ago fevnut’s blog published a page that revealed all the different international teams that Fev players have appeared for. We also asked ‘who was the first Fev player to gain an international cap’? We have now published part 2 which answers that question and also lists all the players who have played for international teams.

Find all this information by clicking on the link below.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2020/10/featherstones-league-of-nations-part-2.html

Steve Evans left Featherstone Rovers in 1982 not 1981. 

He became the first player to play with 2 different teams in the same Challenge Cup campaign. 1982, playing for Hull FC in the final (s) v Widnes having appeared for Rovers v HKR in the preliminary round of the same competition in Feb 82. 

8 hours ago, Andrew Vause said:

Steve Evans left Featherstone Rovers in 1982 not 1981. 

He became the first player to play with 2 different teams in the same Challenge Cup campaign. 1982, playing for Hull FC in the final (s) v Widnes having appeared for Rovers v HKR in the preliminary round of the same competition in Feb 82. 

You are correct. He played his last match for Fev on Feb 2nd. 1982. The 1981 refers to his last season being 1981-82! I need to finsd a way round that so it will show as the calendar year of a player's last match!

Also Fevnut,

Did Tommy Haughey not play for Ireland? He definitely toured with them under Andy Kelly.

I don't know if he played an international. 

Certain spurious websites cite him as being an Ireland international, however I wouldn't trust the sites to tell me that my a@#e was on fire. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Vause said:

Also Fevnut,

Did Tommy Haughey not play for Ireland? He definitely toured with them under Andy Kelly.

Certain spurious websites cite him as being an Ireland international, however I wouldn't trust the sites to tell me that my a@#e was on fire. 

I can't find any references to Tommy actually playing for Ireland. That is not, however, conclusive. I will try and see if anyone has any contact details for him.

On 24/10/2020 at 11:15, Andrew Vause said:

Also Fevnut,

Andrew, several people thought that Tommy had played for Ireland so I have been trying to get a definitive response. I have now spoken to Tommy himself. Although he was once in the Ireland squad he ended up as 18th man and never actually played for Ireland. Wiki needs to be corrected!

Archived