Blink and you missed them

Wakefield Ram

Just saw this on the main forum, so what about players who barely played a match for the Rams. 

Dickie Doel must be in the team 😁Others spring to mind Ian Hopkinson a big number 8 who signed from Trinity and retired before he played a game due to a heart condition. Late great Mick Murphy. Any others come to mind? 

All the South Africans that Tony Fisher signed, Michael Jackson. Dickie Doel actually played a few games over the years, just not many in any particular year. And don't forget the other Aussie that we signed when Murphy and Mita joined - can anyone recall his name?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Peter Dunn never played for us, even though Bradford Northern and Dewsbury agreed the deal, he didn’t!

How many times did we see John Barnes take the field for us?

For all their club loyalty, the Brunt twins probably made few first team appearances. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

All the South Africans that Tony Fisher signed, Michael Jackson. Dickie Doel actually played a few games over the years, just not many in any particular year. And don't forget the other Aussie that we signed when Murphy and Mita joined - can anyone recall his name?

Hitchcock ? Hancock ? Something similar anyway.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Jordan Tansey had a memorable spell with us. So memorable that I've spent the last half an hour struggling to sleep and wracking my brain and Googling through Super League scores to try and remember his name.

Going further back I can remember two New Zealanders called Tony Mitchell, and Andy Vincent (New Zealanders) who were one game wonders in the latter Crown Flatt years.

I really enjoyed Matty Gee playing for us against Halifax this year but I see he's signed for Leigh. We must have had a few through duel reg - like when we fielded half the Wakefield team against Rochdale.

I don't think that dual reg players can really be counted; only those who actually signed for the club and played at least one game should be considered.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Fifita .... Sid Domic ... Mick Murphy ..., Danny Addy .... ?? Olbison .... Mark Field .... Max Fletcher ... Trevor Rhodes .... Harvey Hallas .... Jonathan Schofield .....

Max Fletcher? He must have played scores of times. 
I do not recall Trevor Rhodes. What year did he play?

Along with Harvey Hallas we should add Harvey Whiteley, who is now back at Leeds and making occasional first team appearances. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

18 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I thought similar to you; my version being Hiscox. I’m sure somebody will find out, unless BSJ knows the answer and is just testing us. 

The "Official History" refers to Lance Miller. Does that ring a bell? I don't remember him actually playing for the first team though.

14 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Along with Harvey Hallas we should add Harvey Whiteley, who is now back at Leeds and making occasional first team appearances. 

I was there when Max Fletcher actually made a break in one of the few first team matches he played in. He was so surprised he slowed down and got caught.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The "Official History" refers to Lance Miller. Does that ring a bell? I don't remember him actually playing for the first team though.

Was he an Australian loose forward? Liam Tallon an Irish International centre. Remember him being called to help with the catering over the tannoy one match when he wasn't playing.

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes that was his name,I think he made one sub appearance and a few A team games, he got knocked out in one and that was sort of the end of him, had a couple of nights out with him and Tony Murphy, now that lad could drink 😀😀

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

MF probably did play a few games, I just can't recall anything about them .... Other than he was deceptively slow 🏃

Trevor Rhodes played in a midweek game v Fev and scored a try by reaching above his head, whilst on his back, to ground the ball. We put 40+ on the board that night but Fev sent a much weakened team...can't recall why. 

Anyone remember Les Marriott and ( I think) Dave Butterfield - signed from Shaw Cross BC ??

1 hour ago, Therein73 said:

MF probably did play a few games, I just can't recall anything about them .... Other than he was deceptively slow 🏃

Trevor Rhodes played in a midweek game v Fev and scored a try by reaching above his head, whilst on his back, to ground the ball. We put 40+ on the board that night but Fev sent a much weakened team...can't recall why. 

Anyone remember Les Marriott and ( I think) Dave Butterfield - signed from Shaw Cross BC ??

Les Marriott was a winger and I wonder if the Butterfield you mentioned was called Ian?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

5 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Give us a few names and see if we recall any of them. 

Not fair to name em.but oil rig jobs,wifes moving 100 mile away, changed my mind and want full time now,and am staying on holiday seemed to have worked for some signed and not wore a shirt, strange how they played a few weeks later when jobs fell thru for another club, must a left wife,and forgot to retire. Cant wait to see who pops up once we get playing again and have all had a jab.😢

Archived