A further significant appointment to the board at All Golds

Styx

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A League One South would be ideal for clubs like All Golds

No matter how many times you say it, it doesn't become true.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

The best way for them to improve is to play  established heartlands teams. A southern league one would be a backwards step imho. 

Can you provide any evidence or examples of this?

All Golds, Hemel, Oxford all joined League One when it was mostly an Expansion/Southern  league. They left the league after a restructuring meant it was mostly a heartlands league.

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Can you provide any evidence or examples of this?

All Golds, Hemel, Oxford all joined League One when it was mostly an Expansion/Southern  league. They left the league after a restructuring meant it was mostly a heartlands league.

Because those clubs inclusions was poorly thought out, at best, the clubs were inducted into, what they believed was going to be a development league, which would have meant less travel and more time to develop and due to added costs around more games. 

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A League One South would be ideal for clubs like All Golds

With Ottawa in the North of course. League 1 south not ideal for the existing clubs in the south - its effectively League 2 unless promotion and relegation are even for both league in the way that football used to have North 3 and South 3.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Because those clubs inclusions was poorly thought out, at best, the clubs were inducted into, what they believed was going to be a development league, which would have meant less travel and more time to develop and due to added costs around more games. 

They may have been told that it was a development league they were going into, but the existing clubs weren't told that.

Just now, PhilCarrington said:

They may have been told that it was a development league they were going into, but the existing clubs weren't told that.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/hemel-stags-to-join-championship-1/

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/oxford-to-join-championship-1/

It would appear they were. But hey, let’s scorn new people who play Rugby League  

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No mention of a development league in the Hemel Stags announcement.

No mention of a development league in the Oxford announcement.

They do both mentioning widening the geographic area, but that's not a development league, that's new clubs from new areas joining an existing league.

No scorning from me of new people who play rugby league or new clubs, the criticism from me is is that those clubs were misled and that the RFL changed the format of the competition which made it harder for those new clubs to flourish. Don't start me off on how they messed up the RLC before that.

2 minutes ago, PhilCarrington said:

They do both mentioning widening the geographic area, but that's not a development league, that's new clubs from new areas joining an existing league.

No scorning from me of new people who play rugby league or new clubs, the criticism from me is is that those clubs were misled and that the RFL changed the format of the competition which made it harder for those new clubs to flourish. Don't start me off on how they messed up the RLC before that.

Phil, I'd be very interested to hear your take on the RLC and its demise. It was during a period of time that I lost contact with the game. 

35 minutes ago, PhilCarrington said:

Both mention the development of the game and growth of the sport. That’s pretty clear. 

Archived