Sun 25 Oct: NRL Grand Final : Penrith Panthers v Melbourne Storm KO 8.30am (UK Time)

DavidM

These commentators on 9 are ######.

The ref literally explained that the kick wasn't clearly on the outside of the dummy runner and in any case the defence wasn't materially affected by it (beyond buying the dummy whicg is their own fault). 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I agree with you.  If Panthers are top of the ladder, Im a banana.

At 26 points up Storm van play with a bit of freedom, so they could score another 18

Tbf, from what I've seen from the panthers this season, they've been sensational. Just for whatever reason, they're choking here a little. But the game has been pretty poor as  a spectacle generally, maybe Melbourne are just stifling every threat Penrith have. 

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

These commentators on 9 are ######.

The ref literally explained that the kick wasn't clearly on the outside of the dummy runner and in any case the defence wasn't materially affected by it (beyond buying the dummy whicg is their own fault). 

But that is the exact same thing that happened in the disallowed try in the first half.

Just now, dkw said:

It that is the exact same thing that happened in the disallowed try in the first half.

Nah, there the runner took out a defender in the line which materially stopped the line sliding over. Here an understaffed and quick rushing defence bought a dummy, tried to jam inside, and resulted in a kick into the empty space behind. It was close I'll grant, but not the same.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Nah, there the runner took out a defender in the line which materially stopped the line sliding over. Here an understaffed and quick rushing defence bought a dummy, tried to jam inside, and resulted in a kick into the empty space behind. It was close I'll grant, but not the same.

The contact was initiated by the defender who went to the dummy runner, those tries have been consistently given by the bunker this season. 

Crichton? Yes! Penrith 12:26 Melbourne.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

I thought the ball just had to pass the line (in the air) for kicks to touch like the 10 mètre line at kick offs, and the ball had to bounce after the dead ball line. Or am I mixing rules up again with French rules? 

I always assumed it was out where it crossed the line, but confirmed when it landed outside 

Hughes gets the bin. Can the Panthers capitalise?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trainers should only be able to stop the game for an injury either immediately after a tackle (any the player injured is involved) or if its a serious injury. 

If a trainer stops a game for a serious injury, the player involved must come off the field.  

Cleary goes over and declines the conversion. Less than a minute to go.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bellyache once again commits GBH on an innocent chair,

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived