Fri 23 Oct: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/20 at 19:15

51 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

it doesnt automatically bring up an issue of racism though, the main reason they look so similar is prob their build and same haircuts that none of the other players have, do you honestly think a commentator would call out a wrong name in order to be a deliberate racist? GET OVER YOURSELVES stop being pathetic

I don't think anyone's being deliberately racist, but it's happened in numerous Saints games so it's incompetence and if you're happy to accept that fine.

Leeds will be happier with that than Saints, who looked to be lacking in intent for 25 mins in the second half. Does anyone else think that Walker, Smith & Odjelski don't seem to have made significant progress since they first came into the first team, they still make the same mistakes and don't show any better positional play in defence.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

If Sky are going to promote a black lives matter round it might be a good idea if their commentators  could identify Kevin Niquama from Regan Grace!.

Is this really where we are in society....

A commentator mixes up 2 players who do look very similar to each other during a good game of RL and somehow RL gets dragged into a questionable organisations questionable politics.... man up, chill out - it's an easy mistake and nothing todo with Racism - they just look similar ffs.

It's almost like there us nothing to complain about so people make things up. Watch the Rugby and enjoy lad.

9 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Is this really where we are in society....

A commentator mixes up 2 players who do look very similar to each other during a good game of RL and somehow RL gets dragged into a questionable organisations questionable politics.... man up, chill out - it's an easy mistake and nothing todo with Racism - they just look similar ffs.

It's almost like there us nothing to complain about so people make things up. Watch the Rugby and enjoy lad.

do i get offended when people mistake me for brad pitt?  no=i just get on with life

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I don't think anyone's being deliberately racist, but it's happened in numerous Saints games so it's incompetence and if you're happy to accept that fine.

Leeds will be happier with that than Saints, who looked to be lacking in intent for 25 mins in the second half. Does anyone else think that Walker, Smith & Odjelski don't seem to have made significant progress since they first came into the first team, they still make the same mistakes and don't show any better positional play in defence.

You may have a case with Walker (although he hasn’t had a great run eith injuries) but Smith and especially Oledski have come on leaps this year, Oledski has been immense all year and Smith was going fantastic before he broke his jaw in training.

Theyre all still really young players 

11 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

do i get offended when people mistake me for brad pitt?  no=i just get on with life

Are you sure it isn't his brother Ces they mistake you for?😁

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You may have a case with Walker (although he hasn’t had a great run eith injuries) but Smith and especially Oledski have come on leaps this year, Oledski has been immense all year and Smith was going fantastic before he broke his jaw in training.

Theyre all still really young players 

Have to agree. especial Oledski who is doing very well.... he was dominant for Leeds in both the Semi and Final helping Leeds forwards dominant in the main. So don't why he was picked out.

Smith has gone backwards but probably since his injury as he was starting to shine for Leeds.

Walker still has huge potential but needs more muscle. He does tend to get injured almost every game or at least is always dragging his leg as if its a problem.  For me he is just too physically  light weight. Never the less still a good player and with good potential.

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Haven’t Leeds done this to maximise their chances of winning the Cup?

I’ve not much sympathy with them if so.

They’re a big club who should be competitive at all times really.

It's always difficult for the side playing against a young team, who often consist of players a lot better than they are given credit for. 

It's never straightforward and whatever the score it never feels enough. 

Too early to tell with most of the youngsters, and always difficult when there are too many in a team together. Hopefully we'll put out stronger teams from now, with a sprinkling of kids so we can better judge them.

Oledzki has stood up when it matters in the Challenge Cup and I've no doubt he'll have a good career. Walker and Smith are more interesting. Of the two I think Smith is more likely to be a top class player.

While Walker has shown glimpses of talent, I've never seen him look anything like the 'best in a generation' some hyped him up to be.  He may still be young but whilst he's played over 60 games he's missed a lot of games with injury (averaging being out for 10 games a year) which isn't a great sign either.  I will happily be proved wrong, but I really just don't see it. 

Smith was another hyped to the max when he started. Until this season he just looked like an overweight non entity to me, and a liability in goal-line defence.  This year he had really started to play well, helped by not being used as a battering ram and trying to use him more as a ball handler.  He's just coming back from injury, and I hope he kicks on. 

13 minutes ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Too early to tell with most of the youngsters, and always difficult when there are too many in a team together. Hopefully we'll put out stronger teams from now, with a sprinkling of kids so we can better judge them.

Oledzki has stood up when it matters in the Challenge Cup and I've no doubt he'll have a good career. Walker and Smith are more interesting. Of the two I think Smith is more likely to be a top class player.

While Walker has shown glimpses of talent, I've never seen him look anything like the 'best in a generation' some hyped him up to be.  He may still be young but whilst he's played over 60 games he's missed a lot of games with injury (averaging being out for 10 games a year) which isn't a great sign either.  I will happily be proved wrong, but I really just don't see it. 

Smith was another hyped to the max when he started. Until this season he just looked like an overweight non entity to me, and a liability in goal-line defence.  This year he had really started to play well, helped by not being used as a battering ram and trying to use him more as a ball handler.  He's just coming back from injury, and I hope he kicks on. 

I thought Jack Broadbent played well when he was at Batley. I didn't watch the match tonight but I did see him play well against Warrington. 

It would be great to have him back on loan if we ever start up again. 

28 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The baby rhinos stood up and did themselves proud, showing that Leeds really do have the best academy in Super League.

Leeds had a fantastic generation of players brought through at the same time; the likes of Burrow, Sinfield, McGuire et al. 

But you’ve not brought through top class players to the same degree as Wigan and Saints consistently over a number of years. Come back with your statement when you do...

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

not heard owt about james graham for a while

Saints have a game on Tuesday ... then on Friday.  Graham is not going to play 3 games a week, especially when he wants to play his last league game against Wigan.  

Leeds play Tuesday.  Then on Thurs(?) and then again Sunday(?).  By my count that is 4 games in 9 days.  With still 3 games to go!     As Manuel would say, "Its a crazy!  Its a crazy Mr Fawltey!"

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Leeds had a fantastic generation of players brought through at the same time; the likes of Burrow, Sinfield, McGuire et al. 

But you’ve not brought through top class players to the same degree as Wigan and Saints consistently over a number of years. Come back with your statement when you do...

The following current Super League players were developed by Leeds and the generation coming through, who were on display last night, are even better.

Jack Walker

Ashton Golding

Ash Handley

Ben Jones Bishop

Harry Newman

Jimmy Keinhorst

Kallum Watkins

Mikolaj Oledski

Brad Singleton

Kyle Amor

Rob Mulhern

Paul McShane

Stevie Ward

Liam Sutcliffe

Cameron Smith

Chris Clarkson

Alex Foster

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

it happens frequently - dave woods has done it several times= the players look similar so its an honest mistake - get over it - just like when brett morris was getting lorded for a milestone try for roosters when it was josh who scored 

Grace and Naiqama look nothing alike, physically, body shape, and movement, now the Morris twins coukd get mistook by their own mother. 

10 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

He will be forever young on these pages

5 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The following current Super League players were developed by Leeds and the generation coming through, who were on display last night, are even better.

Jack Walker

Ashton Golding

Ash Handley

Ben Jones Bishop

Harry Newman

Jimmy Keinhorst

Kallum Watkins

Mikolaj Oledski

Brad Singleton

Kyle Amor

Rob Mulhern

Paul McShane

Stevie Ward

Liam Sutcliffe

Cameron Smith

Chris Clarkson

Alex Foster

Lots of England internationals in that crop...?!

... only one is (was) top class.

Archived