Disappointed with SKY

I made a point of religiously watching Sky Sport News between 9am and 10am. I was interested to see how they covered French's hat trick and possibly his try of the season.

They didn't.

Wall to wall football.  Premiership, Championship, European, American(!), Women's (inevitably).  Plus a bit of Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy breaking his club.

We have a way to go yet...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're surprised? only shock is they didn't show any televised traffic (formula 1).

Only time i ever watch sky sports now is for the super league, and even then i watch it recorded as their coverage is absolutely appalling, i can just fast forward it after tries and dead balls.

Awful commentators, awful pundits, awful service - can't wait to cancel.

And i always miss last 8 minutes of game due to all cobblers before kickoff.if i forget to tape whats on after game am stuffed,always the close call games with great last 10 too,

Not sure how the fella with a gob full of spogs gets a gig in commentry?

And folk called for the removal of the great and wonderful (in my opinion) Eddie and Stevo, Sky listened and we have now the unlistenable group of Stuart 'false teeth falling out and gagging on something' Pyke, Ben 'monotone, on this ground' Proe and the calamitous ramblings of Turry 'he's quality' O'Connor' and Phil '70's throwback' Clarke.

I warned folk in the past to be careful what you wished for when wanting rid of the legends.

Those 2 commentators alone are a huge reason i won't be renewing my subscription with Sky.

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

but tape? in 2020?

Just sounds right if have missed sommat.wife can backtrack and grab a game or drama from weeks back so i just ask her to tape it, we can get thru a few hours in no time with binning rubbish have got a stupid smirk and look like a doorhandle jockey adverts, and am thinking am a celeb clips of whats to come.

6 minutes ago, daz39 said:

And folk called for the removal of the great and wonderful (in my opinion) Eddie and Stevo, Sky listened and we have now the unlistenable group of Stuart 'false teeth falling out and gagging on something' Pyke, Ben 'monotone, on this ground' Proe and the calamitous ramblings of Turry 'he's quality' O'Connor' and Phil '70's throwback' Clarke.

I warned folk in the past to be careful what you wished for when wanting rid of the legends.

Those 2 commentators aloe are a huge reason i won't be renewing my subscription with Sky.

It wasnt getting rid of them that is the issue, it's replacing them with a set of poor pundits and co-commentators.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

It wasnt getting rid of them that is the issue, it's replacing them with a set of poor pundits and co-commentators.

Dont forget Viss  n Vatt jjb and peacock  erm.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Well there were no other options at the time so who were folk expecting to replace them with?

25 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Well there were no other options at the time so who were folk expecting to replace them with?

No other options? People who are comfortable on TV for a start and who can speak clearly and string together a coherent sentence. Plenty of players and ex-players would do a far better job than those we regularly see on Sky, bar Carney and Wells.

The main roles don't even have to all come from the world of Rugby League, Mark Chapman does a fantastic job. The Welsh guy who did the anchor for the 2008 World Cup, whose name escapes me, and who did/does Sky sports news did a great job presenting that tournament, even though he knew little about RL. He was never seen again in RL coverage. Hemmings was a football  commentator as was Welsby before he did RL on ITV.I would prefer a professional media anchor with some decent pundits around them.

RL coverage is downright embarrassing at times compared to other sports and the standard of it certainly cant make the game that attractive to sponsors.

Just now, jroyales said:

I can't understand why Sky has always promoted every sport but Rugby League when they are pouring millions into the game and being honest our game would die without its funding - well sooperdooper league would.

The Super League that also funds Championship and League 1 clubs.

Archived