NRL MATCH THREAD - GRAND FINAL 2020

zD2axUB.jpg
Preview

Well this of course could go either way. Panthers finished top of the league and have forgotten what it is to lose, being on an extended winning streak. Storm finished second to them and have a talented squad and are now able to put out a first choice team after a few injured players have returned.

Storm have been to the final a number of times and so they know what to expect. Craig Bellamy is due to retire from coaching at the end of the 2021 season. Then there’s Cameron Smith who may (or may not) be retiring after this game. Storm will want to give these two a premiership.

Penrith though have been the most consistent team of the unusual 2020 NRL season. They won’t be satisfied with just the Minor Premiership title after 20 rounds. Look at their stats over the season and the two teams have similar numbers in both attack and defence. Storm did turn on the style last weekend to qualify for this game. This could be a really tight game.

Panthers have the players and form to win this. The experience of Cam Smith and the senior Storm players though could give them the edge. I’m tipping Melbourne to win this. As you can see from our tipping competition entries though, opinion is split. Why not add your choice by clicking on the link below?

Enjoy the game!

G

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of us who won't be up at 5am, please don't post any spoilers to the women's GF here. Although I'm sure one of the commentary team will probably let slip the result anyway.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gates open at 3.15pm AEDT with the NRLW grand final kicking off at 4.05pm and the NRL decider to follow at 7.30pm.

There will be a tribute to retiring players before the NRL grand final as well as the presentation of the Ken Stephen Medal.

Aussie indie pop star Amy Shark will headline the grand final entertainment.

UK times

NRLW GF 5:00 am (5:05am)

NRL GF Kick off: 8:30 am

Tui Kamikamica has been ruled out for Storm. He’s not recovered enough from his ankle injury.

Brent Naden has been named at No 3 for Panthers... but he might not be there as Tyrone May could replace him.

Here’s the line ups as of today, they will be finalised on match day.

RyS369Q.jpg

14 hours ago, Graham said:

Request noted and seconded.

In the end, I woke up about 4:30am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got to see the match. Heartburn has its benefits, after all.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was a good women's GF. I'll say no more.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived