Super League on Sky

I would like to ask how you all feel about the superleague coverage on sky. For myself, I feel a lot of disappointment. They seem so unwilling to let you see even one full minute of uninterrupted, on field action. Personally I think there is no need to,

1 Show a repeat of the ball changing possession, every time it occurs,

2 Show a repeat of the offence when a penalty kick to touch happens.

3 Show people not actually in action on the field of play, ie team coaches, chairmen, fans at home, injured players going to dressing rooms.

4 Flash the superleague insignia on screen well over a hundred times per game.

I get the feeling that they are more interested in showing what the commentators want to talk about, rather than "live action". 

I would be interested to know how many like coverage as it is, and how many, would just like to see continuous live action.

I also feel that they have too many commentators, or experts making comments. Would prefer less, and a reduction in their prices with the savings.

Ben proe is as amateur as they come...

Took an eternity to get shut of stevo too

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

It's awful and the stupid things with the fans at home is cringeworthy and embarrassing, the idea is a good one but clearly most are watching on delays and look to be totally disinterested when the camera pans to them.

The commentators, Pyke and Proe are absolutely awful and hurt my ears when they speak, how anyone decided they had 'TV voices' is absolutely baffling., those along with the constant 'noise' from the pundits/summarisers etc is painful, why do Sky feel the need to have someone talking every single second of the coverage? call the game, offer insight but for gods sake shut up with the incessant rambling - mainly Terry i must add.

The constant meaningless shots i agree with, why? show what's happening on the field unless it's a try or a major talking point. sick of seeing shots of the coaches glum faces while the game is oging on.

The whole coverage has become terrible in the last couple of years and to me only Brian Carney and Jon Wells make the programmes just about bearable but i won't be renewing this time, it's got worse on worse and for me now it isn't a product i wish to spend money on.

On 25/10/2020 at 12:08, SHYTALK said:

I would like to ask how you all feel about the superleague coverage on sky. For myself, I feel a lot of disappointment. They seem so unwilling to let you see even one full minute of uninterrupted, on field action. Personally I think there is no need to,

1 Show a repeat of the ball changing possession, every time it occurs,

2 Show a repeat of the offence when a penalty kick to touch happens.

3 Show people not actually in action on the field of play, ie team coaches, chairmen, fans at home, injured players going to dressing rooms.

4 Flash the superleague insignia on screen well over a hundred times per game.

I get the feeling that they are more interested in showing what the commentators want to talk about, rather than "live action". 

I would be interested to know how many like coverage as it is, and how many, would just like to see continuous live action.

I also feel that they have too many commentators, or experts making comments. Would prefer less, and a reduction in their prices with the savings.

Broadly true.  I think that the 3 sumerisers are OK though.  But SKY overall could definitely improve.  I can see where Baz and Tez are coming from, but they do need to improve, or SKY should look to a different tack.

54 minutes ago, meast said:

As I've already posted on the other SKY thread, it's rubbish, it's been allowed to denigrate into a few mates in a pub style banter, with the odd serious and tactical stuff thrown in there now and again!

Bit top much banter in the BBC studio too.

Does Jamie Peacock have something against Jon Wells? I think his bits with a player at the screen are the best parts of Sky's coverage. 

Archived