get your moans in early

6 minutes ago, my missus said:

The rules were set out, and for a few months it's been up to the clubs to do their best in difficult circumstances to achieve the goal. To change things now could disadvantage other clubs. I don't remember coaches moaning in previous seasons that the Super 8s, or the Top 5, or the club call etc should be changed in the weeks running up to the finals. Just get on with it.

The schedule is tough for all teams but leeds are really busy, the Catalans will struggle to reach 15 games so they will probably not qualify but leeds will be busted if they reach the play off semi which more than likely be against saints. 

16 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

The schedule is tough for all teams but leeds are really busy

Unfortunately though, that's true for any team who has a good cup run. Leeds could have boosted their chances against Warrington and Saints in the league by playing stronger teams, but they prioritised Wembley (as most clubs would at that stage). And of course on the other side of the coin playing your best 13 every week makes it difficult come GF day with fatigue.

Any club that makes the Cup Final whilst they're outside the top 2-3 places will find it difficult to then have a strong run-in to climb the ladder. Such is life.

Sounds to me like a large portion of his salary is based on winning trophies.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

32 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Unfortunately though, that's true for any team who has a good cup run. Leeds could have boosted their chances against Warrington and Saints in the league by playing stronger teams, but they prioritised Wembley (as most clubs would at that stage). And of course on the other side of the coin playing your best 13 every week makes it difficult come GF day with fatigue.

Any club that makes the Cup Final whilst they're outside the top 2-3 places will find it difficult to then have a strong run-in to climb the ladder. Such is life.

I'm not sticking up for Leeds just stating the facts. I think this is the season that no club could win both. 

33 minutes ago, Padge said:

Sounds to me like a large portion of his salary is based on winning trophies.

I guess it was the only deal on the table at the time so he probably didn’t put those terms on said table.

Agar seems like the steady type who would be happier on a long-term less ‘incentive-based’ deal at a less ambitious club. However, he’s got one in the bag so that should help keep him in a job at Leeds for a couple of years you’d think?

You play by the rules you all agree to, the club's back loaded the fixtures because they thought they would be able to get corporates and fans in, that has come back to bite them on the ar*e. In these times as we have seen things change from minute to minute, Leeds could be the only team that wins a trophy this season so they should accept that good fortune.

how anyone could complain about too many games this season is beyond me 20 games or less in 9 months should be easy even with one or two squeezed together.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

I did think this at the time but then was the moment to speak out. I do think it would be better if Leeds do come fourth but: 

I think he should have played a full strength side against the Catalans in what was obviously a 6 pointer. 

Also there was no need either to play a weakened side against St Helens on Friday.

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Story in LE that the fixturesand playoffs may be changed again. Did anyone say Leeds from 5th to do the double?

I saw that story and shook my head. Eight teams have played at least 15 games, Leeds and Salford have played 14 and will make it to 15 when they play tomorrow. Why would they even consider altering the format just for the sake of Catalans? It's unfortunate that they have been the worst affected but they are the only one that possibly won't make the 15 game threshold. Adding even more teams to the playoffs at the last minute would be a daft over-reaction.

I could understand an approach of saying to the bottom three, who have no chance of making the top 4 that their season has ended so that fixtures could be re- jigged to allow some of those cancelled fixtures to take place over the next three weeks but they need to stick with the top 4 playoffs.

When I read the title I thought "Shurely shome mishtake!"

Getting your moans and for that matter groans in early is how forums work.

I see posters as two essential camps or headings, there's: the Tom Courtenay and Lewis Jones models.

The Lewis Jones model ( AKA Andy Farrell type) tend to dib in and out and only chime into the game at strategic moments with a pointed (sometimes humorous) defeat of the opposition.

The Courtenay ( Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner role) example is the long haul, resilient & ultimately  shockjock revolutionary poster and these do the hard yards, the telling moments and little things that will never get them man of the match awards.

Truth is though that with an OP and thread like this one they' should be queuing up and mixed together for this one. A late change of rules, systems and processes, God there's something for everyone there!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived