Mon 26 Oct: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (Sky)

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/10/20 at 20:15

11 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

If the penalty try is given, they take that as being sufficient punishment these days. If the penalty try hadn't been given, Hurrell.would've been binned.

Soccer does something similar with penalties these days too,  in that a player who gives up an penalty with a professional foul they will be booked rather than sent off.

Double jeopardy rule, I didn't realise that was in RL.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, M j M said:

Another one who doesn't get nuance.

Yeah ok, you worded it like that deliberately, lets pretend you didnt forget about the saints game...

Even allowing for your nuanced wording, did all the other cup winning teams over those 40+ years, field the same team selection in there next game after winning the cup? The answers no, so your points invalid immediately.

Replacing nuance for context, lets say we class last night as our first proper game after winning the cup...Did all the other cup winning teams have 9 days between winning the cup and there next game, the answers no. Did all the other cup winning teams play against 12 men for 50 mins, the answers no. In summary, what happened after cup finals over those 40+ years is irrelevant to last nights game.

I thought we were extremely poor last night, i was angry with our performance, so what? Im happy with the direction the clubs heading, we'rgoing well in the big picture, but as a stand alone performance, last night peeved me off, are we not allowed a bit of emotion if we think our teams played rubbish? Agar seemed angry aswel He must be a drama queen aswel is he?

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

Yeah ok, you worded it like that deliberately, lets pretend you didnt forget about the saints game...

Even allowing for your nuanced wording, did all the other cup winning teams over those 40+ years, field the same team selection in there next game after winning the cup?

Since I went to every subsequent game and have the info to hand the answer is pretty easy to find out. And it's yes, essentially the same teams.

Saints away the Tuesday after the final in 1999 was a particularly pointless match but there were very few team changes from four days previously. In 2014 and 2015 the team couldn't afford to drop points in the league so were full strength for the following round.

8 hours ago, M j M said:

Since I went to every subsequent game and have the info to hand the answer is pretty easy to find out. And it's yes, essentially the same teams.

Saints away the Tuesday after the final in 1999 was a particularly pointless match but there were very few team changes from four days previously. In 2014 and 2015 the team couldn't afford to drop points in the league so were full strength for the following round.

Well done, but you dont need to of been to the games to know the teams. 1999 we played saints without the same lineup, Harris on the bench, no Mcdermott, Blackmore or Powell, 3 days after the final, against 13 men.

Cant have it both ways, if your being clever with your nuanced wording ' leeds cup winning side' then that wasnt it.

How about the rest period inbetween games? or the playing against a man down for the majority of the game?...Were they the same?

Am i , or anyone else for that matter, allowed to have any emotion after our teams have played poorly? Or are we all drama queens if we do? 

Archived