rugby league top tips - viz style

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Pretend to be a Warrington fan by repeatedly advocating the death penalty every time you see a Wigan or ex-Wigan player in action.

I've always liked Charnley and Gelling...

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

If you would like to get people to think you are an RL journalist for a national newspaper just never mention the game to anybody but wear a trilby with a label in the hatband that says RL PRESS.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

a small mound of earth or little pile of sand makes a cheap and in expensive alternative to un recyclable  plastic kicking tees that take 2 million years to de compose

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Miss the pre game feeling of an impending amateur game?

Spray wintergreen fiery Jack into air. Headbutt the wall and sniff stale farts/ garlic through an old hanky

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Pretend to be in your 60‘s by using outmoded words and phrases like scrum, play-the-ball, forward pass, touchline, feeding, trainer, Lancashire Cup, Yorkshire Cup, Kangaroo Tour, Eddie Waring must go, Ashes win next time, game’s gone soft, I blame television, game’s on its ######.

save  money on expensive matchday progammes by simply taking a one of those local advertising booklets(that get shoved through your letterbox) to the game with you and writing down the teams on the back of it yourself as they run out on to the pitch

If you are missing that Watershedings  experience then put on your replica shirt on, wear a bob hat and scarfe, three pairs of socks and the heaviest jeans you have. Next stand under a cold shower for 80 minutes only leaving for a severely watered down Bovril after 40 minutes.

For WIgan fans only, when finished, go back to living room muttering Paddy f'kin Kerwin.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Practice for your referees course by getting a job as a Covid Security Queue marshall at your local supermarket. While managing the queue keep shouting "Hold Hold, go" and "moooooove" all the time even though it doesnt really help anyone or mean anything.. then for no apparent reason let 6 more people into the shop shouting "6 again" and pressing a claxon... 

to get out of playing your next game don't self isolate and all drink from the same water bottle!

oh! cas already did that.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Heres an old one ....If you are trying to park the Team bus in a tight space at an away ground you are not familiar with   , simply get out of the bus , sellotape a nail to the wall , blow up a balloon and sellotape it to the rear of the bus , reverse  and when the balloon bursts you are perfectly parked .

bbc presenters refer to jonathan davies as jonathan davies when talking about the league code , when talking about union refer to him as jonathan dave-eez to save any confusion

confused about how inflation works in the british economic system? simply keep a record of your SKY subscription bill for a year - find the average price increase and then you will find that 10% of that figure is usually the standard to go by

ground stewards- if you also want to enjoy the game as well as keeping an eye on the crowd simply attach 16 mod scooter mirrors to your hi viz coat- hey presto - watch the game for free while keeping an eye on rowdy gobchites at 16 different angles 

West Wales raiders , get  Rangi Chase & Gavin Henson to dress up outside your ground as priests holding a bible and shouting there is a horror show going on in there don't go in ( like the priests who did that outside cinemas in the 1970s when The Exorcist was shown )  People did this then in the 70s queuing up outside to get into the film, and people will flock to the ground just to see what's going on , and they won't be disappointed with the live horror show. Sorry West Wales couldn't resist good luck next season.

3 hours ago, hunslet ramone said:

West Wales raiders , get  Rangi Chase & Gavin Henson to dress up outside your ground as priests holding a bible and shouting there is a horror show going on in there don't go in ( like the priests who did that outside cinemas in the 1970s when The Exorcist was shown )  People did this then in the 70s queuing up outside to get into the film, and people will flock to the ground just to see what's going on , and they won't be disappointed with the live horror show. Sorry West Wales couldn't resist good luck next season.

I remember Catholic priests being quite supportive of "The Exorcist", in that it made them relevant. Maybe even got work for some of them.

On 31/10/2020 at 20:08, hunslet ramone said:

spacer.png

Archived