Aude Update

audois

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, barnyia said:

Make sure you've got the piece of paper to say you're going to work, shopping, medical appointment or dropping kids at school! 

Once I got stopped for speeding (Years ago) I said I was a friend of Jacques Jorda and they laughed and said have a nice day 🙂

I've always wondered why my town of Quillan, between Limoux and Perpignan, hasn't embraced the evolved code. When I mentioned that I preferred Rugby a Treize to our mayor the look on his face was reminiscent of a bulldog sucking a lemon! 

1 hour ago, CiderWire said:

I've always wondered why my town of Quillan, between Limoux and Perpignan, hasn't embraced the evolved code. When I mentioned that I preferred Rugby a Treize to our mayor the look on his face was reminiscent of a bulldog sucking a lemon! 

The last three years I’ve used Quillan as my base for hiking in the summer, lovely place. Nice RU ground with great views all round...as you say pity it hasn’t embraced RL. 😢😢

22 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

The last three years I’ve used Quillan as my base for hiking in the summer, lovely place. Nice RU ground with great views all round...as you say pity it hasn’t embraced RL. 😢😢

This is a great time of year to take to the mountains, the colours of the trees are absolutely breathtaking. Wild boar are getting busy at the moment mind you. 

4 hours ago, CiderWire said:

Thats because they were actually once Champions of France and have a long RU history.

P

2 hours ago, CiderWire said:

This is a great time of year to take to the mountains, the colours of the trees are absolutely breathtaking. Wild boar are getting busy at the moment mind you. 

Just now, ATLANTISMAN said:

Thats because they were actually once Champions of France and have a long RU history.

P

Totally aware of that buddy and it's something that the town is, rightfully, very proud of. But this is not a reason to forego the playing of another sport. After all, they have a footy team. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter about it, I love where I live, just curious. 

1 hour ago, CiderWire said:

Totally aware of that buddy and it's something that the town is, rightfully, very proud of. But this is not a reason to forego the playing of another sport. After all, they have a footy team. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter about it, I love where I live, just curious. 

You know what its like there 🙂 

Try some of the Rugby League villages to get funding for RU forget it 🙂

Most of them can't stand each other.

Looks like we will get 3 games then. Limoux and Carcassonne both at home this afternoon and Toulouse Olympique reserves hosting St Gaudens tomorrow at Stade Minimes.  Carcassonne give starts to the two English lads Robbie Storey in the centres and Anthony Mullally coming off the bench. Vavae Tuilagi has muscle injury problems misses out.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

6 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Kick off 15h French time so in 50 minutes from me posting this 

Be interesting to see how 18yr old half back Cesar Rouge goes on debut against his old club.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

14 hours ago, barnyia said:

There's quite a few in the lower divisions, Foix, la reole, Cahors, ille sur tet, val d'orbieu in lagrasse is a beauty too

https://www.france-voyage.com/tourisme/lagrasse-2118.htm

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Ex Penrith Panthers player runs a local bar married a French girl whilst playing for X111 Catalan years ago:)

Paul

Palau (Nice view of the Pyrenees)

Archived