Aude Update

audois

47 minutes ago, CiderWire said:

I drove past the Grizzlies ground yesterday on my way up to Toulouse and was surprised to see spectators in attendance! 

And was gutted that I wasn't amongst them.

It was the staff and dirigeants they said. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd result of the opening round

Toulouse Olympique Elite  26-24 St Gaudens

Back playing on their old stamping ground Stade Minimes

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Good start for the Aude clubs. Carcassonne ran over the top of Albi unlike last year when the Tarn side had a couple of good Australians in Grant and Cook. The former a half back - one of the best overseas players in the competition. A good try on debut for the young Castleford lad Storey too. Up at Limoux a much closer encounter with sides level at the break. The yellow card to the St Esteve forward Chan seemed to turn things round late on for the hosts. It was the older of the Chan lads Tiaki here  the younger one 18 yr old Joe is in the Dragons group heading for Salford Monday.Their dad of course a Dragons legend. The reserve side look a younger group than previous seasons under new coach Justin Murphy. Looking forward to seeing the young French lads of St,Esteve in Carcassonne few weeks time but on Facebook or what ever, No fans here for the moment.

Went to Stade Albert Domec Friday to get my season ticket (70€) The club offices have re-located. When I first arrived here they had a shop just off Place Carnot in the centre of town and then moved to another place behind the railway station. The signage around now at Domec is all about the USC Pro 2 as you would expect. They’ve been there for ten years and are full-time professional. The stadium has been upgraded with a second grandstand with sponsors boxes and just recently new floodlights. The treize club house was still being having worked done on it but it looks pretty decent? Anyway the statue on the forecourt of the illustrious Puig Aubert still stands proud and tells it’s own story.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

16 hours ago, audois said:

Good start for the Aude clubs. Carcassonne ran over the top of Albi unlike last year when the Tarn side had a couple of good Australians in Grant and Cook. The former a half back - one of the best overseas players in the competition. A good try on debut for the young Castleford lad Storey too. Up at Limoux a much closer encounter with sides level at the break. The yellow card to the St Esteve forward Chan seemed to turn things round late on for the hosts. It was the older of the Chan lads Tiaki here  the younger one 18 yr old Joe is in the Dragons group heading for Salford Monday.Their dad of course a Dragons legend. The reserve side look a younger group than previous seasons under new coach Justin Murphy. Looking forward to seeing the young French lads of St,Esteve in Carcassonne few weeks time but on Facebook or what ever, No fans here for the moment.

Went to Stade Albert Domec Friday to get my season ticket (70€) The club offices have re-located. When I first arrived here they had a shop just off Place Carnot in the centre of town and then moved to another place behind the railway station. The signage around now at Domec is all about the USC Pro 2 as you would expect. They’ve been there for ten years and are full-time professional. The stadium has been upgraded with a second grandstand with sponsors boxes and just recently new floodlights. The treize club house was still being having worked done on it but it looks pretty decent? Anyway the statue on the forecourt of the illustrious Puig Aubert still stands proud and tells it’s own story.

EXCELLENT 

Ready to get stuck in again soon Gordon my suggestion to the new president will be to do a LIVE YOU TUBE channel for at least 15/20 matches a year (No point trying to get a TV contract) YOU TUBE can do it and its not expensive.

Saw the Carcassonne mayor Gerard Larrat being interviewed during the interval at Stade Domec Saturday by the television people. At the same time somebody involved at the Carcassonne club read out a long list of sponsors for the game too. The fact that they can play this game against Albi without paying spectators unlike the situation for the semi-professional game across the Channel shows the funding difference. The town council own the stadium as well as funding the sports clubs who play in their facilities rugby (xiii,xv), handball, soccer et al. It’s interesting that the 3rd tier of rugby union involving a club like Narbonne are out of the picture, The government are only permitting I think the Top 14 and Pro 2 rugby unions competitions to run even though the 3rd tier is a mix of professional/semi professional. Good for the treize though.

14 minutes ago, audois said:

Saw the Carcassonne mayor Gerard Larrat being interviewed during the interval at Stade Domec Saturday by the television people. At the same time somebody involved at the Carcassonne club read out a long list of sponsors for the game too. The fact that they can play this game against Albi without paying spectators unlike the situation for the semi-professional game across the Channel shows the funding difference. The town council own the stadium as well as funding the sports clubs who play in their facilities rugby (xiii,xv), handball, soccer et al. It’s interesting that the 3rd tier of rugby union involving a club like Narbonne are out of the picture, The government are only permitting I think the Top 14 and Pro 2 rugby unions competitions to run even though the 3rd tier is a mix of professional/semi professional. Good for the treize though.

I presume thats Nicolas Larrat father 

18 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I presume thats Nicolas Larrat father 

Yes. I thought Nicolas Larrat did a decent job as Federation President. He certainly supported the Dragons in those early years. Didn't  the Federation pay half of the money to Canal Plus television for Catalans coverage early doors? He was the only President to see them play at Wembley too.

11 minutes ago, audois said:

Yes. I thought Nicolas Larrat did a decent job as Federation President. He certainly supported the Dragons in those early years. Didn't  the Federation pay half of the money to Canal Plus television for Catalans coverage early doors? 

Hi Audios,

I was under the impression it was ALL of the money but maybe i am wrong it was a few years ago now.

I also think that Nicolas did a decent job being president of the FFR13 its not the easiest job in the world and many were hampered by the wonderful secretary general Philippe in Paris who has now finally retired:) 

Any news on the election all seems very quiet I look forward to having a positive relationship with whoever is the new president:)

On 03/11/2020 at 14:17, ATLANTISMAN said:

Hi Audios,

I was under the impression it was ALL of the money but maybe i am wrong it was a few years ago now.

I also think that Nicolas did a decent job being president of the FFR13 its not the easiest job in the world and many were hampered by the wonderful secretary general Philippe in Paris who has now finally retired:) 

Any news on the election all seems very quiet I look forward to having a positive relationship with whoever is the new president:)

You'll know a few on here

LACOSTE Luc – the list of the Perspectives XIII

BALOUP Dominique
BIVILLE Laurence
BOUBY Bruno
CAGNAC Jeff
CAMPANELLA Cassandre
CHINAUX Pascale
DOMART Magalie
DUMAS Gilles
DUTHIL Francis
ENTAT Patrick
ESTAY Gilles
GUILHEM Jean
JAUBERT Gilles
KHATABBI Younes
MATINOD Emmanuel
MERLIN Pascal
MORATA Julien
PONS Véronique
RATIER Hugues
ROBRIGUEZ Florian
TALLEC Gaël
TOUXAGAS Jean Claude
TREMOUSAYGUE-VAN KLAVEREN Anne-Marie

6 minutes ago, audois said:

You'll know a few on here

LACOSTE Luc – the list of the Perspectives XIII

BALOUP Dominique
BIVILLE Laurence
BOUBY Bruno
CAGNAC Jeff
CAMPANELLA Cassandre
CHINAUX Pascale
DOMART Magalie
DUMAS Gilles
DUTHIL Francis
ENTAT Patrick
ESTAY Gilles
GUILHEM Jean
JAUBERT Gilles
KHATABBI Younes
MATINOD Emmanuel
MERLIN Pascal
MORATA Julien
PONS Véronique
RATIER Hugues
ROBRIGUEZ Florian
TALLEC Gaël
TOUXAGAS Jean Claude
TREMOUSAYGUE-VAN KLAVEREN Anne-Marie

I like this list.

I have known Gilles Dumas and Patrick Entat for years and Jean Claude Touxages has been a good friend since the Stone Age:)

Hughes Ratier as well good to see many ex players on the list.

Can easily work with this GOOD NEWS:)

Paul

10 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Super that Alan

Archived