Keighley splashing the cash.

13 hours ago, Colin James said:

Feels like a lot of clubs in L1 are going for broke. Some big names signed for 2021, I hope the clubs have done their sums considering its unlikely crowds will be allowed in for the first part of the season.

He'll cause mayhem in L1. Exciting signing for Keighley.

I wonder if the reason for clubs spending so much in L1 is the possibility that the new Sky contract might mean the end of L1 in its present form, with the clubs left in it either going amateur or folding, making promotion essential for survival? This is a possibility that's been mentioned on here before (more then once, surprise, surprise!).

6 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

I wonder if the reason for clubs spending so much in L1 is the possibility that the new Sky contract might mean the end of L1 in its present form, with the clubs left in it either going amateur or folding, making promotion essential for survival? This is a possibility that's been mentioned on here before (more then once, surprise, surprise!).

Six ‘available spots’ for new TV deal structure, I was told yesterday.

2 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Six ‘available spots’ for new TV deal structure, I was told yesterday.

I hear the same, and with a significantly reduced deal too.

Live streaming will be the preferred option in C1.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived