Match cancellations

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

“We are not looking to duck out of fixtures, whatever the situation is,” the Leeds boss stressed.

“We will get a team out on the park, even if it means going under-strength in massively important games.

“We will try and keep the game going as much as we possibly can.” Richard Agar

Cleary a dig at Salford and rightly so, get them out of Super League and get Toulouse in 

Leeds ducked out of the game at Catalans.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think it’s ok for Super League teams to simply opt out of competing fixtures?

Do you think it’s ok for Super League teams to simply opt out of competing fixtures?

Like Leeds did at Catalans?

This shows the madness of trying to emulate football 

You cannot play a RL match every four days 

Maybe we should have had a 9 round 10 team comp after cancelling all the early season results , now who could have suggested this  ? 🤔

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Maybe we should have had a 9 round 10 team comp after cancelling all the early season results , now who could have suggested this  ? 🤔

Have you run this by Sir Kevin Sinfield, because he clearly thinks that you can play every 4 days, as long as it isn’t Leeds.

55 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Leeds ducked out of the game at Catalans.

They refused to travel due to Coronavirus, a pandemic which the following week shut down Western Europe? In any case, they had enough players to play, which is the problem here.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

You are quite correct with all that, I just think there must be an answer out there that we as a sport can do.

An England RU international was called off last weekend. The big cycling thingy in Italy in the last couple of weeks had multiple teams drop out due to Covid. Loads of football players have missed games, including UEFA champions league and Nations League. Plenty of sports and leagues with far more money than us have just abandoned the league for this year. 

Seems to me we're making the best of a very bad situation.

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

They refused to travel due to Coronavirus, a pandemic which the following week shut down Western Europe? In any case, they had enough players to play, which is the problem here.

Sir Kevin Sinfield said that Leeds would play under any circumstances. I agree that it was ok for Leeds to refuse to play, as it is ok for Salford to refuse to play. It is Sir Kevin’s double standards that I despise.

6 hours ago, Neil_Ormston said:

If Wigan lose their next game, and Wire win theirs they would go second anyway (the Salford issue is irrelevant in that regard).  And this isn't a quirk of %s (even though that's obviously the system being used), as they would have been 2nd ahead of Wigan even under the old system. 

People seem very quick to be looking for excuses to complain or point out either their team being hard done too, or their rivals benefiting, but the truth is it's hardly going to be different than any 'normal' season.  We're going to get 4 teams out of Saints, Wire, Wigan, Leeds & Catalans in a position where they need to win 2 games against opponents in this pool to be crowned champions, hopefully doing so with full strength squads, but maybe missing some players - it strikes me how entirely normal this whole situation is when you boil it down to that.  

Except that Warrington have got '2 points' for not playing and stay fresh for the next game.

(I see Woolfe has said he believes the season should end this week and create space for a legitament end of season "of integrity")

4 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Some on here have always had it in for Salford, but always make excuses for other Clubs.

Let’s be honest, this could have happened at a number of clubs, in fact had Toronto not pulled out they would have been really screwed with this schedule pile up, probably wouldn’t have had enough for a game of 9’s. Realistically there’s only Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Hull, Warrington, Catalans and Huddersfield who could have got through this by dipping into their academies, but Salford as you say are an easy target. I get that for the comp to truly be a Super League this should not happen but unless we want a 7 team comp then we have to accept that it could and therefore take a serious look at just how many games we can realistically play without devaluing the comp or putting players in serious danger. Gubrats was spot on with his earlier idea of how the comp should have come back, however as usual people who don’t have to play in the games make the decision.

5 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Maybe the RFL shouldn't have scheduled the fixtures in such a way that Salford had to play so many games in a short period. Most of these games aren't as a result of the cup fixtures as Salford played before and after the final. The RFL should have been able to organise fixtures so a club had a week off at the time they were due to play Toronto. I admit the squad has been left exposed but Salford aren't the only team to be down to the bare bones. Didn't Cas just manage to play a game with the squad down to the 17

Salford also were very competitive in most games they played, even with a weakened squad. 

They tried to win every game so I think it is unfair to criticise them.

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Absolutely this. It's really all that needs to be said.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

You’ve been told numerous times by numerous people why that was a terrible idea. Stop beating that drum. 

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You’ve been told numerous times by numerous people why that was a terrible idea. Stop beating that drum. 

In what way was it a terrible idea ? , It would have provided SKY with their contracted number of games 

I can only presume SKY have paid extra for the extra games , which is fine , as long as you aren't a player trying to fullfill that schedule 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

In what way was it a terrible idea ? , It would have provided SKY with their contracted number of games 

I can only presume SKY have paid extra for the extra games , which is fine , as long as you aren't a player trying to fullfill that schedule 

It wouldn’t have provided Sky with their allocation of games. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

It wouldn’t have provided Sky with their allocation of games. 

27 rounds X 2 plus magic 6 equals 60 plus play offs adds another 5 , so 65 games 

We'd already played 6 rounds , so that's 12 then 9 full rounds of 5 is 45 , add on 3 for a 4 team play off adds up to 60 , close enough 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

27 rounds X 2 plus magic 6 equals 60 plus play offs adds another 5 , so 65 games 

We'd already played 6 rounds , so that's 12 then 9 full rounds of 5 is 45 , add on 3 for a 4 team play off adds up to 60 , close enough 

So it doesn’t then. There’s also, did Sky want every game televised? And what about positive Covid tests? 

Another fine mess. 

8 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

So it doesn’t then. There’s also, did Sky want every game televised? And what about positive Covid tests? 

Another fine mess. 

SKY have televised virtually every game since lockdown ended 

What , ' finer ' mess than the one we have now ?

9 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Sir Kevin Sinfield said that Leeds would play under any circumstances. I agree that it was ok for Leeds to refuse to play, as it is ok for Salford to refuse to play. It is Sir Kevin’s double standards that I despise.

He's a troll from RLFans, he's not even a Rhinos supporter. He's a WUM. 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

SKY have televised virtually every game since lockdown ended 

What , ' finer ' mess than the one we have now ?

So, they haven’t televised every game then? And still no resolution on Covid and the need to stand people down and move games. 

Stick to running clubs into the ground, not the game. 

9 hours ago, johnh1 said:

It's not OK though, Salford have already been punished, and possibly more to come. 

Archived