Match cancellations

The only thing I would worry about is if somebody got seriously ill from this activity. I think that is really important that we understand how people got it. If it is due to families etc. that is part of life at the moment, but if it is from training activity and games then we need to be careful.

I don't understand how 12 people from 1 club are getting it though, shouldn't the processes be better than to allow that? 

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Loiner said:

Where is Rugby League going wrong ? To my knowledge there has been no premier or championship league games off due to covid, what are they doing right that we are not. Answers on a post card to the RFL.

No. Answers on a postcard to those selfish and reckless individuals who are clearly not following the rules and whose actions are endangering our sport. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The only thing I would worry about is if somebody got seriously ill from this activity. I think that is really important that we understand how people got it. If it is due to families etc. that is part of life at the moment, but if it is from training activity and games then we need to be careful.

I don't understand how 12 people from 1 club are getting it though, shouldn't the processes be better than to allow that? 

It’s clearly from training, or more likely from playing the game on Monday when the virus has spread across the squad. Obviously one player brought it into the camp first and infected the other 11. If Leeds are all negative, and that’s a big if, you’ve got to point to the changing rooms as the point of infection.

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s clearly from training, or more likely from playing the game on Monday when the virus has spread across the squad. Obviously one player brought it into the camp first and infected the other 11. If Leeds are all negative, and that’s a big if, you’ve got to point to the changing rooms as the point of infection.

There should be processes in place to stop this spreading through a whole squad in training. We don't have scrums, and if matches don't spread this, there is no reason even contact training should. 

Things like changing rooms shouldn't be being used. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

to the person or persons entering the changing rooms.

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Things like changing rooms shouldn't be being used. 

I feel like I'm the regular non league football correspondent here but in the games I've been to, they're usually not being. I believe for training it's rather like how gyms are being used - you turn up in your kit, train, then go home and get changed. No use of shared facilities.

For example, here's Little Common, *the home team*, getting kitted up after their warm up before kick off last Saturday:

spacer.png

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

is it clearly from training or is it more likely from playing... cant be clearly from one but more likely from the other.. 

also nothing is "obvious" either at the moment.. just as likely 2 people brought it in and hence it got to 11 quite quickly with nothing major untoward or any specific area as bad as any where else. 

there are so many possibilities... PHE and the HSE will no doubt be looking at it.

Probably best to stop speculating..

32 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

That was because it was unsafe to travel, completely different 

And it would be unsafe and dangerous for a busted, understrength and 4 players short Salford to take on a full strength and rested Warrington team. But one rule for Leeds and another rule for Salford. Salford have been penalised and will probably face further penalties. Leeds were let off. Typical.

12 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

And it would be unsafe and dangerous for a busted, understrength and 4 players short Salford to take on a full strength and rested Warrington team. But one rule for Leeds and another rule for Salford. Salford have been penalised and will probably face further penalties. Leeds were let off. Typical.

Hopefully Salford will be let off and just forced to listen to Vogon poetry for an hour, and read 5 years worth of SKSs posts.

14 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

For Leeds it was an issue of public safety. They were planning to take a commercial flight, with other members of the public, knowing that one of their players was showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19. To have taken that flight would have been grossly negiligent and had they done so, they would have rightly been hauled over the coals for it. 

Salford's issue is a rugby and a player welfare issue. Leeds' was a public health issue - two very different things. 

18 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Salford can field a load of reserve players, Leeds have just done exactly that 

24 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

No, Salford don't get to play that card here. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

“We are not looking to duck out of fixtures, whatever the situation is,” the Leeds boss stressed.

That was a quote from your coach which you supported. Leeds chose to duck out of the game at Catalans and were not penalised for it. Quite rightly in my view. Salford chose to duck out of the Warrington game on safety grounds. But they were penalised and may well receive further sanctions. Just shows the favouritism towards certain teams.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

No. Answers on a postcard to those selfish and reckless individuals who are clearly not following the rules and whose actions are endangering our sport. 

Can you expand on that? Who's done what please?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Where does it say Salford chose not to play on safety grounds? I thought it was literally a case of not having enough for fit players due to a small squad and lack of reserve cover? 

And does it make a huge difference anyway to either team? If they had played a weak squad due to injuries against a strong Warrington side it would likely be a 24 point-ish loss. Which is what we have on paper anyway.

It’s just the fans and Sky that lose out.

34 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Can they? i thought they didnt have a reserve team and only a squad of 25 which has too many injuries in it to be able to field a team.. isnt that the whole point of this thread!

20 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Can you expand on that? Who's done what please?

We are not being told which individuals are spreading the virus, sadly, not the mechanism involved.  However, if everyone took personal responsibility, followed the very simple rules laid down by the WHO, CDC, PHE, NHS, Hospital Trusts and GP surgeries, then it is my contention none of this would have happened. Someone, somewhere, connected with pour sport, is not doing the right thing.

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

We are not being told which individuals are spreading the virus, sadly, not the mechanism involved.  However, if everyone took personal responsibility, followed the very simple rules laid down by the WHO, CDC, PHE, NHS, Hospital Trusts and GP surgeries, then it is my contention none of this would have happened. Someone, somewhere, connected with pour sport, is not doing the right thing.

to be fair, everything you do personally is there to "decrease the likelihood" not to eliminate the possibility which is what you would need to do make sure you didnt get it. 

All we can do is the best we can do... if everyone wears a mask indoors, washes their hands etc you can still get it from all the other occasions where you are exposed to things/people with it and carrying it. 

That said i do get infuriated when people arent even doing the least that they are asked to, that is not damaging them in any way but is potentially protecting them and others and they cant even be bothered to do that.. but there is every chance that whoever the spreader is had done everything asked of them but still caught it.

1 minute ago, RP London said:

to be fair, everything you do personally is there to "decrease the likelihood" not to eliminate the possibility which is what you would need to do make sure you didnt get it. 

All we can do is the best we can do... if everyone wears a mask indoors, washes their hands etc you can still get it from all the other occasions where you are exposed to things/people with it and carrying it. 

That said i do get infuriated when people arent even doing the least that they are asked to, that is not damaging them in any way but is potentially protecting them and others and they cant even be bothered to do that.. but there is every chance that whoever the spreader is had done everything asked of them but still caught it.

there is every chance that whoever the spreader is had done everything asked of them but still caught it.

Not sure I agree. 

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

there is every chance that whoever the spreader is had done everything asked of them but still caught it.

Not sure I agree. 

to be honest this was pretty much an exact quote from the HSE when they came to spot check inspect our factory... so its not just an uninformed opinion. 

Basically "your doing everything you can and more, certainly more than we are asking, but you cant 100% stop this and even with all you have put in place it can spread quickly, so act fast if anything does happen."

Archived