Match cancellations

31 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I think we'll never know.hence the reference to omerta. 

HSE and PHE will be called in... if there is something to find I am pretty confident they will find it after seeing how they checked us and we were a spot check not a reported issue.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Red Willow said:

Just seen a tweet that Saints won't play Catalans. Wonder if Cats will get the win ?

That’s what Guasch wants. Doesn’t seem to be any rumours our end about this, it seems to have all come from France. We should find out in the next hour or so, as I think we need to name our team by midday. 

5 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Outside of Covid 19 issues any club that fails to play matches should have SKY money suspended be fined and points docked next season.

My gut feeling is that some desperate clubs want to save money.

Everything is pointing that way. They cannot wait to be on furlough again on Thursday 

20 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Outside of Covid 19 issues any club that fails to play matches should have SKY money suspended be fined and points docked next season.

My gut feeling is that some desperate clubs want to save money.

Except Leeds of course.

1 minute ago, Red Willow said:

I can understand Saints not wanting to travel to France with all the risks involved, they have an eye on the play offs and won't want players at risk.

Won't the forfeit mean Cats have played 15 games?

If they’re given two wins, yes, they’ll be on 15. 

I'm sure RFL/SLE will bottle any sanctions on St Helens.

Why should Catalans have to turn thier players lives upside down to camp in UK for a month or more.

A two hour flight and back that evening is not beyond the relms of possiblity. I think it is to save a few quid of chatered flights rather than any safety concerns.

3 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I can understand Saints not wanting to travel to France with all the risks involved, they have an eye on the play offs and won't want players at risk.

Won't the forfeit mean Cats have played 15 games?

What risks? 

Just now, Mattrhino said:

Why should Catalans have to turn thier players lives upside down to camp in UK for a month or more.

A two hour flight and back that evening is not beyond the relms of possiblity. I think it is to save a few quid of chatered flights rather than any safety concerns.

Did Leeds get punished for what appears to be the same thing?

3 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france

23 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Everything is pointing that way. They cannot wait to be on furlough again on Thursday 

Yes, I think furlough could be a big driver... although not sure they would qualify as the government have said elite sport can continue and hence have not been ordered to shut down... no furlough surely if that's the case.

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Did Leeds get punished for what appears to be the same thing?

If you can't tell the difference between now and March (where I know because I was flying in Europe that weekend various governments were shutting borders and cancelling flights at a whim including Spain) then you need to have a good think.

1 minute ago, redjonn said:

Yes, I think furlough could be a big driver... although not sure they would qualify as the government have said elite sport can continue and hence have not been ordered to shut down... no furlough surely if that's the case.

We'll see, I'm 99% sure its a factor. And in any case they'll claim its as an SME for all the other staff

5 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Doesn't appy to elite sports.

In the  UK, yes, but what about France. Did you read it fully?

"There has been a sharp rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in France during recent weeks. The French government has announced a national lockdown from 00:01 on 30 October. As a result, you should remain at home unless you need to go out for an essential reason.

You will need an attestation (or self-certificate) when you do go out. These are available on the Ministry of Interior website, and through France’s digital app ‘Tous anti-Covid.’

The French government will provide further guidance on requirements for crossing the border into France"

Archived