Match cancellations

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

KR have multiple Covid cases. 

I wonder what would have happened if they were top of SL and looking at a GF appearance....... I'm sure they would have still stopped their season rather than try to work through it.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, redjonn said:

mmm yep I see your point but surely not players, coaches, etc....

There was already talk of ending the season early and changing the playoffs. Most thought it was from Leeds trying to change it to get them into a shout of the grand final, perhaps this shows it was actually driven by teams who's season was already over

Champions League, Europa League International games will all be continuing so if any SL club say they won't travel should face sanctions and given the loss.

My gut feeling is RFL/SLE will bottle it and ask Catalan to camp in UK and sanction them if they refuse haha 😄 pathetic.

Its all for the clubs to save a few quid on booking chartered plane trips.

2 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

If it is, and SL doesn't expel them, expect to see David Argyle call in the lawyers. 

Can of worms. I'd expect Hull KR to apply the same logic too and advocate for their non readmittance, after all the gain from a Super League club in a hotly contested sports market such as Hull will be "none" based on the SL Executive's outlook.

Just now, Mr Frisky said:

I wonder what would have happened if they were top of SL and looking at a GF appearance....... I'm sure they would have still stopped their season rather than try to work through it.

If you’re suggesting that the Covid cases are fake, you’re questioning the integrity of multiple businesses. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

If you’re suggesting that the Covid cases are fake, you’re questioning the integrity of multiple businesses. 

No, he's suggesting that they're being used to say they can't finish the season because they're stone dead last. If they were 4th, they'd find a way through is the clear suggestion

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

In the  UK, yes, but what about France. Did you read it fully?

"There has been a sharp rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in France during recent weeks. The French government has announced a national lockdown from 00:01 on 30 October. As a result, you should remain at home unless you need to go out for an essential reason.

You will need an attestation (or self-certificate) when you do go out. These are available on the Ministry of Interior website, and through France’s digital app ‘Tous anti-Covid.’

The French government will provide further guidance on requirements for crossing the border into France"

Champions League games are happening all around Europe today and tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

No, he's suggesting that they're being used to say they can't finish the season because they're stone dead last. If they were 4th, they'd find a way through is the clear suggestion

This I do agree with. 

It seems to me that the health situation is less difficult in France than in England.

Professional competitions continue in France. lockdown is much less harsh. Almost everyone works, the children go to school etc.
The attitude of St Helens is simply shameful.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Its so patently obvious isn't it. I suspect they won't be the only team, but I also suspect they knew this yesterday but declined to mention it

Plus if Trinity carry on and lose our remaining games don't KR potentially move off the bottom of the table on percentage points?

Just now, Wildcat said:

Plus if Trinity carry on and lose our remaining games don't KR potentially move off the bottom of the table on percentage points?

Who knows mate, wouldn't surprise me, but they've opened a total can of worms now.

2 minutes ago, fcl said:

It seems to me that the health situation is less difficult in France than in England.

Professional competitions continue in France. lockdown is much less harsh. Almost everyone works, the children go to school etc.

thought the situation in France is worse than here regards Covid. 

The restrictions are for sure different but how different I'm not sure.

6 minutes ago, fcl said:

Really?  "Anyone outside their home will need to carry a written statement justifying their presence outside." 

"French schools will require all students aged six and over to wear face masks in class"

otherwise, much the same as here. 

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20201029-france-braces-for-new-covid-19-lockdown-rules-to-be-detailed-by-pm-castex

54 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Yes, I think furlough could be a big driver... although not sure they would qualify as the government have said elite sport can continue and hence have not been ordered to shut down... no furlough surely if that's the case.

You don’t have yo be ordered to shut down yo use the Furlough scheme its open to any business 

Assume Salford and Cats get 2 points from Hull KR then? Plus another 2 for Warrington without playing.

There is a difference not playing the last 3 games and going bust, not paying players and failing to attempt to play any games.

Archived