Fri 30th Oct SL : St Helens v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45 SKY

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

8 hours ago, Wollongong said:

I thought it was a really disappointing game... effort and desire was good but discipline and execution was low... and I agree that Sean long’s media skills are not top quality and his appearance is tramp-like

fwiw I enjoyed the earlier game more. 

How was the discipline low, there were hardly any penalties all game. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Barca Mum said:

Greenwood has the same punishment as Seezer in the previous game.

And Ben Murdoch Masila got nothing, no wonder fans are always on the refs back.

10 hours ago, Saintslass said:

Well that was pants.  We've reverted to the Saints of pre lockdown which I hoped the covid version of RL would have banished into touch.  Alas, no.  Woolf has killed what was a great attacking side and it's sad to see it as a Saints fan.  We don't do up the middle rugby very well.  I'm sure Naiqama still had a white shirt by the end of the game so rarely was he or any of the outside backs actually involved.  Boring stuff in the first half; boring rubbish from Saints in the second.

Unbelievable, slagging the coach off after 1 defeat against a very very good Wigan side.

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Fans are bi polar...

Fans have short memories saints ones in particular, or is that the same thing ? Absolutely fantastic performance from Wigan tonight apart from Greenwood.

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Unbelievable, slagging the coach off after 1 defeat against a very very good Wigan side.

To be fair, certain fans haven’t been happy with Woolf all season. He’s brought a more conservative style back to the club after Holbrook’s more expansive style. It’s not gone down too well... 

My thoughts were we were beaten by the better side last night. The likes of Amor, Paulo et al simply didn’t stand up against Wigan’s aggression. Graham is gone. Lees is going to be a really good prop but hasn’t quite yet hit the straps pre-his injury. So it was really clear how much we miss Walmsley when he doesn’t play; and I’ll also say Thompson who would have thrived in that game last night. The plus points for me were Knowles and Bentley; both stood up in a beaten pack and didn’t let themselves be pushed around unlike the older elements...

The key now is learning from that... and that’s on Woolf. 

10 hours ago, my missus said:

and sky want to cut what they pay they should be ashamed of the pittance they pay for such a fantastic sport.

I saw a bit if boxing, really by accident, after the game.  It was crass garbage, Rocky9 stuff, but they pay for it and talk it up as if its viewers are morons.  May be they are, but i hope not.

Virtually nothing is worth looking at on SKY. Football is slow and boring.  F1?  Its a procession.  IPL is mickey mouse cricket, run for the bookies.

9 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

To be fair, certain fans haven’t been happy with Woolf all season. He’s brought a more conservative style back to the club after Holbrook’s more expansive style. It’s not gone down too well... 

My thoughts were we were beaten by the better side last night. The likes of Amor, Paulo et al simply didn’t stand up against Wigan’s aggression. Graham is gone. Lees is going to be a really good prop but hasn’t quite yet hit the straps pre-his injury. So it was really clear how much we miss Walmsley when he doesn’t play; and I’ll also say Thompson who would have thrived in that game last night. The plus points for me were Knowles and Bentley; both stood up in a beaten pack and didn’t let themselves be pushed around unlike the older elements...

Pretty sure Saints fans came on here whinging about the Saints tactics and pack when Holbrook coached them to semifinal defeats against Catalans & Wire and again when they flopped at Wembley.

Its as if Saints can’t be beaten by the better team on the day.

19 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Good luck to Lees, I have a feeling he will do all right.  He ought to be popular... I liked it when he got up of the floor laughing.  Reminded me of Peter Smethurst. 

39 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Er no.  I was slagging him off back in March when he was busy turning us into the team under Cunningham.  We tried to play a style of game we are not suited to.  Trying to out Wigan Wigan is not the way to beat Wigan, as our previous coach showed us.  

13 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Good luck to Lees, I have a feeling he will do all right.  He ought to be popular... I liked it when he got up of the floor laughing.  Reminded me of Peter Smethurst. 

I think so too... doesn’t take a backward step. I think he’s a bit too lightweight at the moment so doesn’t make lots of metres but is very aggressive in defence. He’ll come good. 

Some tough young forwards on show for both sides last night... Partington, Bentley, Lees, Smithies, Knowles et al. They are a bit lightweight at the moment but hopefully will continue to develop into top class players for club and country. 

25 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Pretty sure Saints fans came on here whinging about the Saints tactics and pack when Holbrook coached them to semifinal defeats against Catalans & Wire and again when they flopped at Wembley.

Its as if Saints can’t be beaten by the better team on the day.

You mean sports fans discussing how and why a team they support were beaten? Whatever next Dave?! Will people cheer when their team wins? 

5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

You mean sports fans discussing how and why a team they support were beaten? Whatever next Dave?! Will people cheer when their team wins? 

No I mean Saints fans like yourself who can’t except your team can actually be beaten due to the efforts of another team and then think they know more than a first grade international coach,but then again you’ve probably stood on the sideline watching Thatto U8s and know the game inside out.

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No I mean Saints fans like yourself who can’t except your team can actually be beaten due to the efforts of another team and then think they know more than a first grade international coach,but then again you’ve probably stood on the sideline watching Thatto U8s and know the game inside out.

Your opinion is wrong. 

You have a bloke whose coached Internationally and your top David, why haven’t you extended his contract yet? I suggest digging out your fellow Wigan fan who towards the start of this thread claimed that Lam needed a win against Saints to give himself a better chance of getting an extension. 

7 hours ago, Click said:

Sorry, i ended up turning off the forum all together, but the easiest way to do it for next time is:

At the top of the browser you have the name of your account , click it and go to the "ignored users" tab, click on it and you can then search the username of the person you wish to put on ignore, and then choose what you want to ignore of them, i.e. posts, dm's, signatures, etc.

Or the actual easiest way to do it is hover your cursor over the offender's name to the left of one of his posts, and various options appear.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I think so too... doesn’t take a backward step. I think he’s a bit too lightweight at the moment so doesn’t make lots of metres but is very aggressive in defence. He’ll come good. 

Some tough young forwards on show for both sides last night... Partington, Bentley, Lees, Smithies, Knowles et al. They are a bit lightweight at the moment but hopefully will continue to develop into top class players for club and country. 

Yes. Hope he does well. Obviously he does nor deserve his head chopped off.  It was clear that Greenwood and Singleton were on a bit of an extra edge ...they are playing for their places for one thing. 

In terms of being sent off, i pointed out up thread that i thought Brian Hogans was the worst I remember.  But funnily enough i remember him and Dave Chisnall facing off against each other literally belly to belly. The ref was not looking and Chisnall immediately fell down like a sack of whelks. Ref looked around and sent Hogan off.  Both players faces were priceless.  Needless to say i was not pleased either.

Those were the days... tell it to young people now, and they'd never believe you!

12 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Had a great game tonight in a dominant pack.troll on

He's the same player as he was at the Rhinos, tries to get a high tackle in on a opponent early, grabs at arm's in tackles instead of driving through with the body and resorts to head rubbing and verbals if someone makes a mistake. If that's what constitutes having a great game and being dominant in todays Rugby League Lite then I hope you enjoy it.

As said a poor man's Ryan Bailey except Bailey took the hard carries and was a more damaging runner.

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Or the actual easiest way to do it is hover your cursor over the offender's name to the left of one of his posts, and various options appear.

Ive just looked you up... you are a whippersnapper.  But did you have to tell us your inside leg measurement. 😀

A lot of criticism towards Kendal for Greenwood's yellow instead of red but up until then I thought he'd had a great game. SKY reckoned first pen of the match was on 56 mins and very few stoppages. The quality and intensity was down to the game being relentless and non stop, due in part down to Kendal. 

The yellow won't make any difference to Greenwood's sanction. However many matches he gets, he will get, yellow or red. Two mins from the end and it was of no consequence to the game. Two minutes into either half and it would have made a difference but that wasn't the case.

I still reckon that overall Kendal had a good influence on the game. 

11 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Genuine question - where’s George Burgess, has he played much? Has he got a long term injury he can’t shift?

That hip injury is still a problem, apparently: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby-league/george-burgess-given-time-overcome-hip-injury-he-plays-wigan-warriors-again-2973854 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived