James Graham to Retire at the End of 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54714467

Absolute warrior and a great servant to the game.

I'm not sure which way to go here, I love him to go out a Grand Final winner but for years now I've wanted to see a new name on the trophy. I suppose with his record he'll finish a beaten finalist

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

One hell of a career; regardless of form, he always gave maximum commitment and effort.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Devastated not to be able to see him at Langtree Park in a Saints shirt. 

It seems the feeling is mutual
"I am gutted we've not been able to play in front of our fans as I know they feel every pass, every tackle and every run..."
"I have even missed the opposition fans who would give me a piece of their mind!"
- James Graham
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, sky and outdoor

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

A great player and his influence over the last 17 years cannot be overstated. 

In particular his stint with the Bulldogs in which his ball handling was a revelation and helped to reignite the value of a ball handling forward to a team.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

19 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/54714467

Absolute warrior and a great servant to the game.

I'm not sure which way to go here, I love him to go out a Grand Final winner but for years now I've wanted to see a new name on the trophy. I suppose with his record he'll finish a beaten finalist

One can only hope so.

Great player,great career.

Standout player. I do worry about our pack in the next WC, without Graham, S Burgess, O'Loughlin and Roby..........4 absolute top players. People can say we've got Bateman, Hodgson/Clark, Whitehead, Walmsley, Thompson but those 4 are a class above all those in my opinion

Gobby but good, he has always played the game with 100% commitment.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

He's been a great servant to the game and he's virtually changed the way props play in the NRL by bringing back ball playing up the middle.

Even though he's far from the player he was at his peak his influence this year on the Saints team is noticeable. His leadership & presence on the pitch really lift the team

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 28/10/2020 at 17:43, DoubleD said:

Standout player. I do worry about our pack in the next WC, without Graham, S Burgess, O'Loughlin and Roby..........4 absolute top players. People can say we've got Bateman, Hodgson/Clark, Whitehead, Walmsley, Thompson but those 4 are a class above all those in my opinion

Roby should be there- still the best player in SL in my eyes.

I first saw James Graham play as a 17 year old in 2003 when England Academy under 18's took on the Australian Institute of Sport.

It was the first time I had seen a junior team from the UK absolutely physically smash an Aussie side (the final score of 28-22 flattered the Aussies).

Fond memories and whatever Graham went on to do he is ok by me for that performance.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Excellent career, well done.

He was clearly shot in NRL terms (he was falling behind last year as well) - spirit was willing but his body wasn't.  So glad he's smart enough to see that and come back for a last hurrah at Sts.  Just a shame no crowds got to see him go round for a last time. 

Archived