3 minutes ago, RidingPie said:

The other two highlights were Walter Koenig walking past me 

I'd be even more if you asked him which way to the  Nuclear Wesssels

When my youngest was at school he was in a production that was shortlisted for a regional Drama competition, they went off to The Lyric in Hammersmith to be judged by amongst others Alan Rickman who spent an hour or so afterwards signing autographs. Shadlet 2 still regrets not asking him to sign it "By Grabthar's Hammer" 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone of a certain age remember Quatermass And The Pit, BBC, shown probably in the late 50's, early 60's when I was a little lad.  At the time, very spooky and frightening -

From Wikipedia - Workmen discover a pre-human skull while building in the fictional Hobbs Lane (formerly Hob's Lane, Hob being an antiquated name for the Devil) in Knightsbridge, London. Dr Matthew Roney, a paleontologist examines the remains and reconstructs a dwarf-like humanoid with a large brain volume, which he believes to be a primitive man. As further excavation is undertaken, something that looks like a missile is unearthed; further work by Roney's group is halted because the military believe it to be an unexploded Second World War bomb.

Roney calls in his friend Professor Bernard Quatermass, of the British Rocket Group to prevent the military from disturbing what he believes to be an archaeological find. Quatermass and Colonel Breen  become intrigued by the site. As more of the artefact is uncovered additional fossils are found, which Roney dates to five million years, suggesting that the object is at least that old. The interior is empty, and a symbol of six intersecting circles, which Roney identifies as the occult pentacle, is etched on a wall that appears to conceal an inner chamber.

The shell of the object is so hard that even a borazon boron nitride drill makes no impression, and when the attempt is made, vibrations cause severe distress in people around the object. Quatermass interviews local residents and discovers ghosts and poltergeists have been common in the area for decades. A hysterical soldier is carried out of the object, claiming to have seen a dwarf-like apparition walk through the wall of the artifact, a description that matches a 1927 newspaper account of a ghost...... and so it begins.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

But I'd be thinking about Destiny

From 'Red Dwarf'.

Lister : You ever see "The Flintstones"?

The Cat : Sure.

Lister : Do you think Wilma's sexy?

The Cat : Wilma Flintstone?

Lister : Maybe we've been alone in deep space too long but every time I see that show, her body drives me crazy. Is it me?

The Cat : I think, in all probability, Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman who ever lived.

Lister : That's good, I thought I was going strange.

The Cat : She's incredible.

Lister : What do you think of Betty?

The Cat : Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty... but I'd be thinking of Wilma.

Lister : This is crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

The Cat : You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.

Lister : She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

From 'Red Dwarf'.

Lister : Maybe we've been alone in deep space too long but every time I see that show, her body drives me crazy. Is it me?

The Cat : I think, in all probability, Wilma Flintstone is the most desirable woman who ever lived.

The Cat : Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty... but I'd be thinking of Wilma.

Lister : This is crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?

That's where I stole it from.

17 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Surprised Aqua Marina isn`t close to your heart. She`s a doll.

I'm not going to risk upsetting a woman like Destiny, she's got a hypersonic jet fighter. Vengeance could drop from the skies at any time.

46 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I'm not going to risk upsetting a woman like Destiny, she's got a hypersonic jet fighter. Vengeance could drop from the skies at any time.

Tbf I’ve never been able to see past Morticia Adams... though like Wilma would never leave Fred she’d never leave Gomez!

that said... she does speak french....

6 minutes ago, RidingPie said:

Tbf I’ve never been able to see past Morticia Adams... though like Wilma would never leave Fred she’d never leave Gomez!

that said... she does speak french....

And she's single, She dumped Scarlet years ago and Rhapsody's hooked up with Blue so there's little in the way of competition. 

18 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Having just watched Craig Charles and Hattie Hayridge (Red Dwarf) making a cameo appearance in The Lexx, it sets me to thinking that Avon doing a transatlantic cameo in something like well-meaning and earnest like Star Trek would have been hilarious.

Red Dwarf was great until series 6, then it became mediocre, after it moved to Dave it was awful. IMO

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

From 'Red Dwarf'.

30 millions years into space, and Cat watches Fintstones? DER!

15 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

I take it you're referring to my UFO script style retelling above. It is my own work, not copied from anywhere,  except my own original posting of it on a sci fi forum. It's not a full script either and done mostly from memory. Thanks for the sarcastic comments anyway.😡

Oh S***, does that mean there is more of that dross?

Archived