Gildart: Set up for a great game

Warriors News

• Oliver Gildart looks ahead to Friday’s derby clash with St Helens.
  • Gildart: “The circumstance leading into these last few weeks means it’s now set up fo a tasty game.”
  • St Helens vs Wigan Warriors, Friday 30th November, Totally Wicked Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.

Oliver Gildart is expecting a game of the high quality when Wigan do battle with rivals St Helens this Friday (K.O. 7:45pm).

The Cherry and Whites head away to the Totally Wicked Stadium for a mouthwatering clash of first versus second in the Betfred Super League table.

Speaking to Wigan TV ahead of the game, the 24 year-old explained how the Warriors are preparing for a top Saints side, despite coming off a defeat to Salford.

“We train for the best Saints team always and it’s set up to be a great game.

BP_Saints_v_Wigan_25-1024x539.jpgGildart scored a spectacular try last time Wigan beat Saints at the Totally Wicked Stadium in 2018.

“It’s always going to be very intense, but the circumstance leading into these last few weeks means it’s now set up fo a tasty game.”

The England and Great Britain International’s season has, up until now, been mostly curtailed by his recovery from a shoulder injury.

However, with four tries in his last three games, Gildart looks to be building some form at the business end of the season.

On his performances so far, he said: “I’m still getting confidence back. I don’t think I’m anywhere near my full potential yet, but I need to keep ticking these games off and getting my confidence back.”

Watch the full interview on Wigan TV by clicking HERE. If you’re not already a subscriber to Wigan TV, click HERE today to join. Choose a monthly (£5.99), quarterly (£11.99) or annual (£38.99) subscription with no contract. Pay with PayPal or credit/debit card

Oliver-Gildart-1024x256.png

The post Gildart: Set up for a great game appeared first on Wigan Warriors Blog.

View the full article

Archived