Opposites attract

Friday night. My view is this is the end of the week. Time to kick back, have a couple of beers, later night and lie in tomorrow. 

Wife's idea is week days you can't go to bed early, as that would be giving in. Friday, end of the week means after a long week it's time for an early night. 

Where do you differ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I have been pretty much ordered to use up my annual holiday allowance before the end of the year, so I've been taking Fridays off for several weeks now. This has also allowed me to watch the NRL without interruptions. Plus the Kermode'n'Mayo movie review shows in the afternoon.

For the same reason, I am taking three Wednesdays off in November, for the Origin games.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Friday night. My view is this is the end of the week. Time to kick back, have a couple of beers, later night and lie in tomorrow. 

Wife's idea is week days you can't go to bed early, as that would be giving in. Friday, end of the week means after a long week it's time for an early night. 

Where do you differ?

I can see where your wife is coming from with that thought. When I worked in central London, I was up 0530 most mornings, and home around 1900-1930. If I wanted 8hrs of sleep then I'd have to be in bed at 2130. Sod that as I'd be effectively living to work.

So, I went short of sleep during the week by going to bed 2330 onwards, most often near midnight, and catch up at the weekend.

Sorted that by just stopping working in central London!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 hours ago, ckn said:

I can see where your wife is coming from with that thought. When I worked in central London, I was up 0530 most mornings, and home around 1900-1930. If I wanted 8hrs of sleep then I'd have to be in bed at 2130. Sod that as I'd be effectively living to work.

So, I went short of sleep during the week by going to bed 2330 onwards, most often near midnight, and catch up at the weekend.

sounds interesting

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 hours ago, ckn said:

My wife is a cruel tyrant who often insists that I have to stay up until 21:30 if I want to be considered rock'n'roll.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

When I lived in UB8 and worked in W2 I would regularly go to bed circa 2230, and resurface 0700 to be at work by 0800, one of my colleagues was always there by 0715, and it really annoyed him one day when I over slept, got up at 0720, and still made it for 0800.

Back to OP, met the mother of my daughter at work, very opposite.

Archived