Sheffield’s Stadium - any updates?

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sheffield have stated that the stadium is unlikely to be ready before then, hence no home fixtures in the league before that date. When are the cup weekends, Griff?

Up to R6:

January 15/16: Challenge Cup Round 1 (26 Community clubs)

January 29/30: Challenge Cup Round 2 (11 League 1 clubs enter)

February 12/13: Challenge Cup Round 3

February 26/27: Challenge Cup Round 4 (14 Championship clubs enter)

March 12/13: Challenge Cup Round 5

March 26/27: Challenge Cup Round 6 (11 Super League clubs enter)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Up to R6:

Are Toulouse not entering the cup yet again?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 13/11/2021 at 21:13, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Up to R6:

Only one amateur Sunday league side (As far as I know) has reached the third round of the challenge cup.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Eddie said:

very much looking forward to this year.. membership all bought and ready for the off!

• Like 5

All looks very positive.  Fact ground will be complete before World Cup means Eagles can exploit the world cup bounce.  

If just a fraction of those going to the Greece match can make their way to the Eagles then it will be a big boost.  

Another club with the foundations in place to grow. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know when Sheffield‘s new ground will be ready? 

The 15th of April,this very year.

Home game,and victory,over London Broncos.

It is just a new main stand...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Sheffield City Council met yesterday and want to see more safety measures introduced before a final inspection.Football and Pop Concerts are included under the licence so every aspect has to be considered.Eagles have a 5 year agreement to play there.

• Thanks 2

On 07/01/2022 at 16:03, Kirmonds pouch said:

What will be the capacity?

Will there be any standing terracing around the rest of the ground?

Stand has 758 seats. Rest of ground will remain as standing afaik: grass bank opposite stand and tarmac pitch level at both ends with a small grass bank at the southern end, although with plans to make more substantial (terracing etc). When finished capacity will be 3.9k, although with the grass banks I doubt it'll be that high for the coming season

Current state and artist's impression of completed stadium below

May be an image of grass

NewStadium1.jpg

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know when Sheffield‘s new ground will be ready? 

"Sheffield must wait until May for their first game at the new Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park Community Stadium following a further delay.

It means Widnes will now be the first visitors to the new ground on Monday May 23, live on Premier Sports."

CLICKY

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

"Sheffield must wait until May for their first game at the new Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park Community Stadium following a further delay.

It means Widnes will now be the first visitors to the new ground on Monday May 23, live on Premier Sports."

CLICKY

On Premier for first game, should make a big deal of it and hopefully if Widnes are still doing well they will bring a few. Not the worst outcome. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Last i heard it had been put back to May due to adverse weather conditions.Knowing builders and construction projects that will probably mean June.The Capacity when finished was to be 3900 but in future this could be increased.

32 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Last i heard it had been put back to May due to adverse weather conditions.Knowing builders and construction projects that will probably mean June.The Capacity when finished was to be 3900 but in future this could be increased.

Thats enough.  Concern is you need 2000 seats for SL but probably dont have to worry for a few years.  

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Thats enough.  Concern is you need 2000 seats for SL but probably dont have to worry for a few years.  

I support Fev and go to most matches but the Olympic Legacy Park is only 10 min away by car.Really easy to get to by Supertram from city centre or several bus routes.By car get off at Meadowhall turn off and follow signs for city centre it's a couple of miles down the road on the left just past Sheffiel Arena.

45 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

3900 is for the stadium with concrete terracing - something that won't be in place for some time. I'd be surprised if a safety officer would sign off for over 3k standing on grass banks. If you've ever been to the OLP just think what it was with the temporary stand replaced by that shown in the photo above. 

17 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

3900 is for the stadium with concrete terracing - something that won't be in place for some time. I'd be surprised if a safety officer would sign off for over 3k standing on grass banks. If you've ever been to the OLP just think what it was with the temporary stand replaced by that shown in the photo above. 

I would think the first phase would limit crowds to about 1500 if Eagles can get crowds over 1000 there is no way our supporters could all fit in.Lets hope we get promoted and that would be problem solved.Although i would miss my trips to The Mount.

17 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The new stadium

OLP2.jpg

Ok my OCD can’t stand it any longer…

Loving the fact they have a new stadium but why isn’t the stand in symmetry? There’s two blocks to the right of the tunnel and just one to the left - which just looks odd as well as decreasing capacity.

Anyone know why the design is like this?

1 minute ago, theswanmcr said:

Ok my OCD can’t stand it any longer…

Loving the fact they have a new stadium but why isn’t the stand in symmetry? There’s two blocks to the right of the tunnel and just one to the left - which just looks odd as well as decreasing capacity.

Anyone know why the design is like this?

Because it's only phase 1 of a bigger plan.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"