Pelissier returns home after 3 year Broncos spell

Broncos News

Popular French Hooker Eloi Pelissier has left the club to return home to France and be reunited with his family.

In a 3 year spell at the club Pelissier made some memorable appearances for the Broncos and was a key part of the promotion winning side in 2018. His charismatic presence around the club is sure to be missed however having a young family living in another Country was becoming difficult for Eloi and he made the difficult decision to leave the club.

Not only was Eloi a key member of the playing squad he also coached the clubs Academy team and CEO Jason Loubser was sad to be seeing Eloi leave the club when asked about Pelissier moving back to France. He said “Eloi is a real gentleman and epitomised everything we look for in players to represent the club. On the field we will all have fond memories of the way he could excite the crowd with his turn of pace but it was off-field where he impressed me most and I would like to thank him on behalf of the club for his work with the Academy and the way he engaged club sponsors and guests at Trailfinders during his stay with us. A true professional.”

Eloi was quick to praise owner David Hughes, the coaching staff and the supporters and asked us to send a short message to all associated with the Broncos.

“Thanks to the London Broncos for the last 3 years. It’s been amazing. Thanks to the fans, thanks to all the staff, Big Thanks to David Hughes and Danny Ward for the opportunity to join London. Big thanks to my team mates who made me feel welcome every day. It’s the best feeling in my sporting life what I achieved at London Broncos, having lost my contact at leigh (2017) and going up with London Broncos (2018) 🙏 I still remember myself crying in Toronto. I enjoyed every second I spent on the field for the Broncos. I also loved living in London it’s such an amazing city. I sacrificed a lot for my family during the last 3 years for my rugby and London Broncos, This year I wanted to bring my family in London but we realized it’s a difficult thing to do, especially in the current climate. I’m very very sad but I decided to ask to the club for a release and go back to France where we can be a family. Thanks everyone. London Broncos will be forever in my heart.”

View the full article

Archived