should administrators be able to use this site for their own political platform?

If they stop opposing views being expressed, which they don't, then there's a problem.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

EXAMPLE= i hate boris- i need to show a graph for everything- the tories stole my past my future and my bike, the nhs is NOT full of inept idiots and a money pit -any misfortune i have had in my life is due to the tories blah blah blah

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

EXAMPLE= i hate boris- i need to show a graph for everything- the tories stole my past my future and my bike, the nhs is NOT full of inept idiots and a money pit -any misfortune i have had in my life is due to the tories blah blah blah

A neat summary of reality for some people.

😜

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

8 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

A neat summary of reality for some people.

😜

maybe so but the thread is about administrators using their position for their own political points scoring system or maybe not- it may just be my imagination 

You don't need to be an administrator to have a political points-scoring system on TRL. Plenty of people of the sub-forum do that all day every day, from anywhere they like on the political spectrum. It never gets them anywhere, but it keeps them away from the more civilised sections of this website.

You do, on the other hand, have to abide by the T&C's that you agreed to and not let your anger management issues get the better of you.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m on here with two roles. Admin and member. 

As a member of this forum, I will post as I see fit within the rules of the forum. 

As an admin, I uphold those rules. There’s a fair few people who share my political views who I have banned over the years. 

It really is as simple as we say, stick to the rules, don’t troll or abuse people and we’ll leave you to post.

We even let folk on here again who’ve been banned if we’re confident they’ll stick to the rules this time. 

That politics forum is there to stop the dross that comes from it. It serves the same purpose as the cross code forum in keeping that away from the main bits of the forum. We consider AOB a protected space as well, and that’s why we snipped away politics and are happy to boot people from it who won’t listen. 

It does amuse me that the starter of this thread still has politics forum privileges and uses them to express his views regularly. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

p.s. I’m not an employee or agent of TRL who own this forum and site. I have strongly opposite views to the owner, and that’s fine. He keeps the site open and we can both post here with our member hats on quite happily despite having those strongly different views. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

This thread was reported. I’ll leave it open for the evening then close it as it’ll have served it’s purpose as a whine platform.

16 minutes ago, ckn said:

I’m on here with two roles. Admin and member. 

As a member of this forum, I will post as I see fit within the rules of the forum. 

As an admin, I uphold those rules. There’s a fair few people who share my political views who I have banned over the years. 

It really is as simple as we say, stick to the rules, don’t troll or abuse people and we’ll leave you to post.

We even let folk on here again who’ve been banned if we’re confident they’ll stick to the rules this time. 

That politics forum is there to stop the dross that comes from it. It serves the same purpose as the cross code forum in keeping that away from the main bits of the forum. We consider AOB a protected space as well, and that’s why we snipped away politics and are happy to boot people from it who won’t listen. 

It does amuse me that the starter of this thread still has politics forum privileges and uses them to express his views regularly. 

Unlike me 😂

7 minutes ago, ckn said:

This thread was reported. I’ll leave it open for the evening then close it as it’ll have served it’s purpose as a whine platform.

Right , in that case I'll get some in now while I can , that bloody CKN ,

POST REMOVED 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

well?  your thoughts please

Yes, they should, like anyone else,  be able to use this site "for their own political platform". That is what the political sub forum is for.

The admins do not express their political views on any of the other forums.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

well?  your thoughts please

You do whinge a great deal.

Often about not being able to write something you have just been allowed to write.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

i didnt mention ckn but he seems to be jumping on this thread as well - my proposal is to remove his administration rights and let him post as a normal member for the general good of the forum - if he can make a few posts without extreme left wing agendas and puddled blinkered views then re consider the situation- until then could a middle ground standing forum member please put themselves forward to moderate instead?

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i didnt mention ckn but he seems to be jumping on this thread as well - my proposal is to remove his administration rights and let him post as a normal member for the general good of the forum - if he can make a few posts without extreme left wing agendas and puddled blinkered views then re consider the situation- until then could a middle ground standing forum member please put themselves forward to moderate instead?

What does it pay ?

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I think I’ve reached the limit of my tolerance with you. I don’t expect you to like me or my political views, but I take great offence at you linking them to my Admin privileges.

I don’t abuse my privileges, I never have and I won’t accept you making baseless comments like this.

Locked.

• ckn locked this topic

Archived