• Toulouse
    • Fev
    • Leigh
    • Other
  2. 2. How should new team enter SL

• Promotion
    • Licensing

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I doubt any NCL club would actually want to join League One, and I’m sure they could if they wanted to. 

But what about teams from tier 4 joining tier 3? Also why would the winners of tier 3 not want to join tier 2??

Why are some teams like Coventry promoted to tier 2 and not on merit and you are not up in arms??!?!!?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

But what about teams from tier 4 joining tier 3? Also why would the winners of tier 3 not want to join tier 2??

Why are some teams like Coventry promoted to tier 2 and not on merit and you are not up in arms??!?!!?

Because they want to join L1, as  said there aren’t many clubs who actually want to do that (ie they’re happier in the NCL) so teams like Coventry get in, and that’s fine with me. There are after all only 11 L1 teams. 

11 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Its the way the amateur game is run, you cant get into the national leagues unless you meet the criteria. Regardless of your prefered method (or mine) the difference between deciding who competes at each level is seperate to how the comps are decided

Oh and on the premier league, the top clubs in europe are again discussing a closed shop breakaway

I think a sport like RL it isn’t sustainable to have P&R and having a second division of full time and part time clubs.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Newcastle, London, York, Sheffield. Then there are Toulouse, Ottawa and maybe New York. 

Newcastle are building slowly , London are held together by Mr Hughes , how many decades have York been around , Sheffield 😂

Have you been to Toulouse ? , Great club , little interest in the city , OttAwa haven't played a game yet 

NY ? 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Because they want to join L1, as  said there aren’t many clubs who actually want to do that (ie they’re happier in the NCL) so teams like Coventry get in, and that’s fine with me. There are after all only 11 L1 teams. 

So you are fine with licensing at tier 2 but not at tier 1?!?!

How odd....

Which team do you support and does this have anything to do with this very odd double standards?

14 minutes ago, yipyee said:

I dont get you, what does this have to do with anything?

No one forces you to watch RL either, if you dont like it dont follow/watch it??

Last time the club I support was locked out I lost interest in the sport , most likely happen again 

Who do you support ?

3 minutes ago, yipyee said:

So you are fine with licensing at tier 2 but not at tier 1?!?!

How odd....

Which team do you support and does this have anything to do with this very odd double standards?

Can you not read , they can apply if they want to , but they don't want to 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Last time the club I support was locked out I lost interest in the sport , most likely happen again 

Who do you support ?

But what does the way of organising the leagues have to do with weather you follow the sport or your club?

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Can you not read , they can apply if they want to , but they don't want to 

So apply the same to SL then??

Some champ clubs dont want to be promoted, some do but are not good enough (in SL clubs eyes like toronto)

So then by your own admission if you can read your own words is that licensing is the best way for our sport??

Its funny you have double standards and you are trying to pretend you dont

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

But what does the way of organising the leagues have to do with weather you follow the sport or your club?

Last I got bored with it , the games lacked meaning 

What club do you support ?

4 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Some champ clubs dont want to be promoted, some do but are not good enough (in SL clubs eyes like toronto)

So then by your own admission if you can read your own words is that licensing is the best way for our sport??

So you want clubs to be forced to do what they don't want to do ?

You want expansion I assume , geographical expansion ? , So why would you want NFL clubs to be promoted to L1 ? , They'd most likely dominate the non heartland clubs in L1 , in fact if you have ' forced ' promotion you'd probably have to have ' forced ' relegation as well , so you'd end up with fewer geographical expansion clubs in L1 , is that what you want ?

6 minutes ago, yipyee said:

It's been shown on here many times that many of the people who are supposedly against things like licensing actually arent as long as their team is the right side of the drawbridge. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

It's been shown on here many times that many of the people who are supposedly against things like licensing actually arent as long as their team is the right side of the drawbridge. 

I don't want either way ,being locked into SL does not appeal to me 

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you want clubs to be forced to do what they don't want to do ?

You want expansion I assume , geographical expansion ? , So why would you want NFL clubs to be promoted to L1 ? , They'd most likely dominate the non heartland clubs in L1 , in fact if you have ' forced ' promotion you'd probably have to have ' forced ' relegation as well , so you'd end up with fewer geographical expansion clubs in L1 , is that what you want ?

Isnt all relegation forced? Can you name a club that has aimed to be relegated as a season goal?

Also some promotion is forced apart from when a team decides not to win a play off final.

I also doubt your claim that the NCL clubs would dominate if promoted however we would never know as there is no P&R.

Its also very very amusing that you are arguing a case for geographical expansion and ring fencing expansion clubs for league1 however you are very vocually against this approach for SL.

I would put you spade away as you are digging yourself into a deep hole

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Because of all our clubs are in one tiny area it will reduce the chance of getting sponsorship from national organisations. Instead you’ll end up with Streethouse Newsagents. 

Though that said if three teams from a tiny area win promotion on the field then so be it. 

I’ve always found people from Streethouse passionate about their RL & if they did have their own pro RL side they’d bring more away fans to the game than Toronto, Catalans & Toulouse combined. 

Just now, yipyee said:

Isnt all relegation forced?

Also some promotion is forced apart from when a team decides not to win a play off final

Usually yes , unless you are expanding a league , which promotion is forced ? , Clubs are free to refuse promotion 

I really don't see the point you are making , I have never seen or heard of an NCL team asking to be promoted 

9 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

This may seem rather radical, and I apologies for putting this forward,

But what about, the top 12 teams in the competition are in the top division, and at the end of each season the 12th and 13th best teams change places?

Or is that too radical?

And do this all the way down the structure?

I actually agree with you but for me Toronto have been kicked out based on licensing and not said structure

3 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

I’ve always found people from Streethouse passionate about their RL & if they did have their own pro RL side they’d bring more away fans to the game than Toronto, Catalans & Toulouse combined. 

I bet they'd spend all their change at the games too 

2 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

But would they have as many home fans?

Should a club rely on away fans or should a club try to have their own support.

Imagine if old trafford had an away stands for 60k with 12k home support...

Just now, yipyee said:

I actually agree with you but for me Toronto have been kicked out based on licensing and not said structure

They've been kicked out because they pulled out if the season , normally a club would be immediately relegated ( or given a points deduction effectively doing that ) as a result of that , they have been offered the chance to remain , it wasn't good enough 

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

I always thought if you were good sponsors would get on board. How many football clubs in London don’t have sponsorship 

The sponsors have to be interested in what you're doing. And London has a population more than twice the size of Yorkshire. 

1 minute ago, yipyee said:

No, Toronto effectively withdrew from the league.

If I pack my job in, I wouldn't expect my employers to set me on the next year

Archived